Denon Prime GO - Can i know the pros?

Best of luck with your few minutes of research on your next purchase.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a great product for what itā€™s meant for. The Engine OS is a developing software and the Prime GO is a standalone product. It is meant to be a portable unit, for rehearsal, for small gigs without power, for backup if anything goes wrong with the main setup. Itā€™s not a main system, itā€™s not a controller for a computer, its not a toy. The software that controlling the unit is constantly developing. Things that you think Prime series lacking is something that you can adress in other parts of this forum. You have suggestions, why donā€™t you make a post?

3 Likes

As I read the forum, everyone is very satisfied The only problem is me.

2 Likes

You know, Iā€™ve had some very negative things to say about Denon as of late, but this new firmware, although it doesnā€™t fix/improve everything that needs to be fixed or improved, seems like a total game changer. Really good job, and if the Prime GO doesnā€™t do what you need it to, I guess you just have a different workflow than me. Itā€™s kinda a killer platform at this point, and definitely pro level gear.

1 Like

I disagree, I can do amazing things on the Prime Go, itā€™s not a training device, itā€™s now my main setup. I came from Serato/Akai and an xdj-rr. This does everything I need, the cross fader could be sharper though.

1 Like

I agree. My Prime 4 is currently in its box in my loft. Prime go is just brilliant. Defo pro console with all the outputs.

big congratulations wish you that

What are you unsatisfied with again? You canā€™t put effects on the mic channel? Sure, that would be nice, but is it needed for DJing? Iā€™d say no. What else is missing from the unit that is needed for DJing? I am no Denon apologist, but I would like your opinion as to what it needs that it doesnā€™t have?

For a start, it would be enough for WiFi to be used for the Home Cloud. Not just for paid services.

FWIW Prime Go has been by weapon of choice and I have quite a few at my disposal from CDJā€™s to TTā€™s and a TON of controllers in between. It is one of the best investments I have made to date pertaining to DJ gear and is the sole reason I am back here in Denon land.

1 Like

Same here-I love it. My wish list:

• Cue for AUX !!
  • Level Meter for Cue/pre listening
  • 2 more Sweep Effects
  • Fast scrolling in tracks with jogwheel while pressing shift button Than it would be perfect for me :slight_smile:
1 Like

I absolutely love the Prime Go, but its focus is on bare minimum features (though it still packs in a bunch compared to entry level controllers) in return for crazy portability. I live in a tiny apartment and use it on the couch, balcony and sometimes even on the road (it fits into a campervan brilliantly)

For that kind of portability even a controller is super messy with all the cables and laptop you need to bring along. You could choose an iPad an basic controller but that has its own limitations.

Itā€™s a niche for sure but I love it, it gets me playing around with music so more than before.

Agreed that there definitely could be some improvements but I feel like a lot of what Iā€™m hoping for could come in future software updates to Engine Prime and OS.

1 Like

I am absolutely dissatisfied. If I just want to listen to music, I wonā€™t buy a player for 1,000 $ . From which Flashmemory stands out during the transfer, which can break. and listen to music through headphones. Prime Go should be a workstation not a normal player. Itā€™s a tool for getting money from people through various Cloud connections. I want to connect to my Cloud and done. This is one of the most important functions for me, which should definitely not be missing with the possibility of WiFi connection.

1 Like

Cant you return it then?

Iā€™m from the Czech Republic, itā€™s not that simple here. The goods can be returned within 14 days. But only at some stores. I see another topic of trouble. Does it seem normal to you, so many mistakes?

You can needle drop, which I have gotten used to, and enjoy actually.

How about putting it up on Ebay?

Finally, good idea.

To be clear - it isnt because the kit is bad at all - its just that you are so unhappy about it, that you might as well sell it and move on. There is no point moaning about it.

2 Likes

You probably needed to research before purchase. More often people dont research a product before buying, then moan when it doesnt have a feature they want.