Denon Prime GO - Can i know the pros?

Hello I am sorry for my english. For me GO is a big mistake. I only needed a player for a home party.I am not satisfied. You write a lot of disadvantages on the forum only. The stand and cover are not as important as better features for me. It is very bad for me that, it is not possible to upload data from WiFi or LAN from the home network. I can’t use a home NAS. The microphone does not have FX Effect. Song in Hall effect and microphone in normal sound. I have to use an external mix. Or there is another solution ? Just one USB slot. Fortunately, you can connect an HDD and that’s good. It’s probably more.

It’s important when our heading entry level devices like the Prime Go that they are entry level devices. I would recommend our heading something higher in the range to match your needs

Entry level devices ? So I made the wrong choice . I’m sorry.

1 Like

Entry level at $1,000… I think not… $1,000 is not entry level… The folks purchasing the GO want the portability and the smaller size frame and also want to support Dennon. This should not mean stripping the unit down. They could of added a drop down menu with MIC options. Its bad enough they skimped on the display having an angle. My neck is still in kinks. The GO could have been a huge seller if not for the drawbacks like adding an AUX input with no CUE. That makes absolutely no sense at all. Its like having a Continuous Mix feature that has a pause between songs thus no being Continuous… Oh wait… It does have a pause between songs… Now how intuitive is that… If Denon is going to ignore the current GO wants. Then the GO 2 should address all of the issues and have the display on a fixed angle (like it should have been). By then i’m sure after being burnt with the GO new users will think twice if nothing continues to get addressed with the current GO… Besides adding new software sources for downloading. Thats my two cents. Peace

Yes, $999 usd is entry level pricing for an all in one unit currently. This and the Pioneer XDJ-RR are the most affordable dj products on the market that do not require a laptop.

6 Likes

I didnt think any Denon Prime devices can be labelled entry level. Its prime, after all.

1 Like

As is using Engine Prime. Yes, it’s an entry model.

1 Like

I dont agree. It;s certainly not priced as entry level.

I guess it depends on your definition of “entry level”.

It is. It is the cheapest standalone model from Denon. In the same price bracket as competitors entry level standalone model. As hellnegative wrote just a moment ago. Just facts.

1 Like

I am looking more towards the industry as a whole, not just Denon.

A cheap Ferrari is still a Ferrari, right?

Yes. Any group of products will have an entry level item.

My view is that the Go definately is the entry level Prime product.

In my opinion, with no factory coatings to back up this opinion, A fair chunk of its cost must be the uniqueness of this product - the battery, the charger and making the various support components inside work on a battery source not just mains. Maybe 25% or the ticket price of the Go is related to its battery feature.

At €800 that’s about €200 gone due to the battery feature at a guess.

That leaves €600 for 2 decks, a mixer, a colour touch screen, and an fx unit, Even if the battery only accounts for €100 of the €800 tag, what’s left is still only buying the entry level model in Denons current standalone line-up. Not only entry level for denon but fairly entry level for other makes in the industry

Interesting analogy. You can get a Ferrari 488 without power windows, power seats self levelling suspension, remote start, etcetera. So the base model ferrari actually has less features than a kia.

LOL - this is much further than I wanted to go with this, to be honest. You win!

You only have to look at the outputs, XLR, RCA, Booth out, 2 mics, and of course its main feature being battery powered to know this is pro gear. Its also a one of a kind pro gear with nothing out there as yet to compare it against. I hear what the op is saying about the mics and effects. Hopefully denon can address those. Thats my 2 cents - Prime Go is Pro gear. I use it for streaming events and will do for weddings and events moving forward.

I was misled. When it is written everywhere in shops that it is a professional product. Oh, that’s just what the name Denon meant. Battery operation is unnecessary. They are not even tiny speakers. Let the music pound in your ears just through the headphones. I know, it’s not a radio. Or Go 2 will come out with all the knowledge corrected. For another pointless price?

There is a growing number of people buying things without reading what the offered features are.

I don’t mean just here on Denon, I see it on other forums too where people think they they can come back later and get things from higher priced products added to the products lower down the range.

Only by yourself

All these questions could have been asked by you before buying.

Maybe denon is a small amount to blame with prime though. I have read comments where denon have said that the shared Prime OS firmware inside all the prime ranges means that no prime product will get left behind. I don’t think denon mean that to mean that their cheapest prime will do even thing that their 3 times the price prime will do, but maybe some people are reading it that way.

To my mind, Prime Go is not an entry level product and very well designed. It is a different product : it is a training mobile dj product, a second device in case of problem, but it is definitively not a main product (got 2 of them and a P4).

1 Like

Nowhere in our stores is it written that the microphone inputs do not have FX effects. They even state that the Go also contains a 2.5 ‘‘ SATA slot. With 24-bit sound, it defines the almost surgical quality of the entire device. And so on. Link below

Denon Prime Go - Muziker CZ

Nor does it say that the mics do have fx.

2 Likes

It would be important to me a WiFI connection, LAN or USB. I want to play my songs. I work with Maschine MK3, Maschine Jam and other equipment. I’m finishing , it’s a child’s toy for me. I wish everyone better machines.