Crossfader Video of new firmware

Okay, so one of my two MAJOR feature requests has been implemented.

Now that 1.6 is out, PLEASE give us Ableton Link functionality for 1.7 and I can save $4K by not having to buy a pair of 3000s.

1 Like

My players does not recognize the update when connected to internet. Do I need to bring the update to usb?

Just put the img file in the root of your thumb drive.

1 Like

Yes thats what I did as well. Thanks man.

So, except for dual layers grid, is there anything else special thats worth taking a look at? Im not into beatport/spotify/dropbox etc so thats not relevant for my use.

1 Like

If you’re coming from Rekordbox (and didn’t have the beta before): Rekordbox import has been improved a lot in the Engine desktop software.

How so? Whats the difference?

The grid will now be converted from Rekordbox, too. Before, a separate (error-prone) analysis in Engine was part of the process. You often ended up with converted hot cues in the right places and a grid that was off.

1 Like

Oh thats brilliant. Do you use rekordbox only or do you use Engine Prime too? I miss all the information from rekordbox. And btw, is there a way to see the comments thats set on the song? From for example rekordbox?

I solely rely on Rekordbox for Track prep. Still got a DDJ-1000 and that way I only need to do it once for both ecosystems. Comments will be converted. Tap and hold a track in browse mode on your Prime device to see a large window with more track info, including comment.

I really miss the song star rating on sc6000. Pioneer nxs2 even has it.

1 Like

The dual waveforms look sweet on my 5000Ms 8).

I was concerned that the display would look too cramped but no siree - everything looks well laid out, even for my tired old eyes.

Let’s hope that this feature will be doable across both players in the near future, that would be the mutts nuts, however, this is more of a reason to use both layers on the players now that you have a better view of whats going on between tracks.

Well done Denon Devs :clap:t3: :clap:t3: :clap:t3:

1 Like