Computer Mode issue

The prime4 is connected to my computer right now. 1T SSD installed in the controller. I completed the music tranfers I needed to do. Engine will not eject my drive. My computer doesn’t have an eject for some reason also. I’m afraid to do the wrong thing and wipe my Drive. Any help is appreciated.

Do you know what version of the software and firmware on the Computer/Prime 4 you have?

Otherwise you can always put the SSD in the computer and check out? Like with a Docking station to the Computer or as a harddrive inside your computer.

Hope all will be resolved and the harddrive is fine :slight_smile:

if it won’t eject from engine prime then close it (prime) and eject from windows/mac the native method. if i get this with any drive on any O/S i usually shut it all down then unplug to be sure

Ok well after beating my head to the wall most of the afternoon and searching the internet. I came to the conclusion that it’s not the controller or software. I found that a computer program, don’t know what, was accessing the USB. Preventing the ejection “it’s safe to remove you hardware”. Which is why Engine couldn’t eject it. And also disabling the eject option from the right click menu in windows. So… I held my breath and shut down the computer…the controller back to standalone mode. All my music was still there! Thankfully!

Thank you for the replies!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.