Compatibility with prime 4

Here is Steve from the DjLab talking about Ableton link with Akai and Pioneer samplers connected to pair of sc6000 and x1850

This may answer some questions.

Thanks for the info but it doesnā€™t really help. Cuz he doesnā€™t have the djs1000 hooked up to it. I know it works with Akai products. Just thinking, pioneer is territorial when it comes to their products working with other competitors so thatā€™s why I have a lot of doubts that it will work. Also there is no send or receive on the prime 4.

The video raises more questions than answers. Probably not the best video to use.

The x1850 sends are always active. There is no off in the fx assignments. Thereā€™s also no global bpm on the mixer so when you change fx assignments you are switching the bpm over to that assignment and if the tempo on that channel is not the same then undesirable results will happen when using mid clock.

Using send/return for sampling is a sin.

If the pioneer sampler works with iOS devices you can use Abelton Link for the denons and have your iOS app using link to send midi clock to the sampler.

Sorry I thought the questions were Ableton link with the djs1000 and prime gear. Heā€™s got it running via midi in his set up but it lags unlike the Akai using abā€™link.

Its down to the individual how routing their gear. He just used the send return as his input and volume control with frequency acting as a filter.

Channels 1-4 or even mic is adequate. You choose its path.

That cause he has things chained in serial. Denon - akai - pioneer.

If he were to make the akai the peer then both the denon and pioneer devices can receive tempo changes at the same time.

So yes an Akai is the master, and for the pioneer djs1000 to be its slave for sync? Very expensive way to connect a djs1000

The other chaps were asking to only connect the djs1000 with the primes via abā€™link.

My 2 pennyā€™s is to inform itā€™s a no unfortunately. Pioneers forum has crazy amounts of requests for it but itā€™s still a nope after 3\4 years.

Its still midi with that lag after tempo changes.

The whole point of Ableton link is to banish the lag and use any connected device to change tempo flawlessly

Isnā€™t the x1850 sending the clock signal? To the akai? Then to the pioneer?

Heā€™s using Ableton Link on his akai to change the tempo on his denon. Then the denon Engine connected mixer sends midi (which only has a midi out btw) to the Akai and then to the pioneer. That look serial to me, actually more like an epicycle.

Canā€™t the Akai do AL and send the midi clock at the same time in parallel?

Maybe. But its still showing those who didnā€™t know about the use of Ableton link Vs Midi. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m getting at. Those asking on the djs1000 working with Denon via Abā€™link.

Iā€™m pretty sure Denon is the first to add Ableton Link to DJ hardware - so no, Pioneer stuff doesnā€™t have Ableton Link.

Denon now taking pride of place here Link-enabled music making products | Ableton :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I hooked my iRig pro to my iPhone and tested if it could relay AL to midi for my loopstation and it worked.

I can change tempo on the app or on deck and my loopstation sticks perfect well almost perfect. I goes out of phase slightly.

Too bad you canā€™t hook up the pioneer sampler to an iOS device for midi over USB.

Seriously where. I found them for $1499. not $699

They were referring to the SC5000 not SC6000.

I know Guitar Center and pssl has the 5000 M for $1499 the 6000M is $1799

https://www.americanmusical.com/denon-dj-sc5000m-prime-motorized-professional-media-player/p/DEN-SC5000MPRIME?src=Y0802G00SRCHCAPN&adpos=&scid=scplpDEN+SC5000MPRIME&sc_intid=DEN+SC5000MPRIME&gclid=CjwKCAjwzaSLBhBJEiwAJSRokje41cWw5CYVPMquG4UedxJlRQPrRKyYlgYEfHWEZeNIp_XFoaBCqRoCZ-0QAvD_BwE

1 Like

Awesome, Wish they had the non motorized version. But thatā€™s a steal.