Compatibility with prime 4

:joy::joy:, but only if it automixed the 8 decks

1 Like

But Denon DJ put that quantity of link sockets on the mixers, and gave the SC players that number of outputs. They did this even though itā€™s ā€œnot normalā€. With one hand they give, and with the other they take away :smiley:

Maybe not only him (I use also all 8 layers from my scā€™s for fun with loops at home)

Lol. I wouldnā€™t call you normal either! :innocent::laughing:

Perhaps 8 layers sync will be stable someday.

So I just got my SC6000M. First off I love it. Top notch quality as always with Denon. I hooked it up to my prime 4. You can use it as stand-alone or as a controller with virtual DJ with both prime 4 and the SC6000m in controller mode. In stand-alone mode with the prime 4 it allows for two channels to be used on the prime 4 while the two other are to the MC 6000m. It will not keep beat sync with the prime 4 however beat sink will work if used in controller mode with virtual DJ. Also the link or ethernet function works perfect therefore you do not need a SSD or a thumb drive if you already have a hard drive in the prime 4. So now especially with virtual DJ there are so many options to utilize that Iā€™m proud to have the SC6000m added to my Denon collection.

2 Likes

Dang. I have a Prime 4 and am looking to upgrade to SC6000s and x1850. But with 6000s being available and the x1850 mixer not. I was thinking of buying the sc6000s now and connecting them to my Prime 4. But itā€™s a bummer that beat sync doesnt work. Anyone have any luck with it working in the past year maybe with the firmware updates?

So yes with the latest 2.0 update you can now sync the SC6000s with the prime 4 using Ableton Link. Mixed an hour long set this way synced perfectly.

3 Likes

Ok, good to know. Would be awesome if Engine Link just worked to sync them by plugging them all into a network router but at least something works!

It does! Because of the price drop here in the U.S. ($699) I couldnā€™t resist ordering two. Received them Saturday, bought an ethernet switch. connected them all, and everything works!

4 Likes

Oh ok, sick!

1 Like

Wow, if they were Ā£514 each here (or even Ā£699 as typically happens) Iā€™d likely do the same.

2 Likes

Iā€™m eyeing another sc5000m cause of the price drop also. Abelton Link works if you get the hang of it. I can get one with warranty for $900 cad incl tax.

1 Like

You just proved that everything doesnā€™t need to be on one screen. It would take a real rubberneck to reach to to end and keep look at the middle :joy:.

You using Abelton Link arenā€™t ya?

Whatā€™s up @Wyley1,

Using an inexpensive powered ethernet switch. Works really well. You keep mentioning Ableton Link. Got me intriqued. Iā€™ll read up and look into it a bit. Thanks!

2 Likes

As far as I know the ethernet alone does not keep the music in sync from unit to unit. Itā€™s simply enables you to read the hard drive on multiple units. However with the 2.0 update if you go into your settings menu on any of the Denon units it will have a switch to enable Ableton link. You enable that combine that with the ethernet and thatā€™s how youā€™re able to keep the music in sync with multiple players or from my understanding also from sample machines such as acai Force. My question now is will it work with the DJS 1000 pioneer sampler.

2 Likes

I canā€™t say for sure (since I donā€™t have one to test), but from Iā€™m reading from Ableton and Pioneer it appears that any equipment embracing the Ableton Link technology will talk to each other.

You can keep all devices in sync with Ableton Link.

Yes if the DJS1000 can be connected to other devices thru Ableton link however as far as I can find from looking online it Will only work through recorkbox and possibly serato software. Iā€™d hate to fork out the money only to find out it doesnā€™t work with my Denon players. So if anyone gets to try this out and it works let me know, much appreciated.

If it works thru Ableton link, it will work as good as my Maschine plus (running ableton link via wifi - perfectly fine)

The pioneer sampler uses pioneer Link and midi over USB. You have to use a laptop to sync with the sampler.

In my setup Traktor is the peer and my denon links to it. Also I set Traktorā€™s midi clock to sync my loopstation at the same time.

This is how you gotta use the pioneer sampler with non pioneer gear.

1 Like