[COMMON ISSUE] Sound distortion, internal buzzing

Thanks bud, appreciate it… i kinda worried about sending something so big and heavy back but i’ve got the original boxes so hopefully will be okay. The alternative is follow the video above for maybe about £20…

This definitely appears to have resolved that pesky problem

1 Like

I actually tried this and it seems to have corrected the problem. BUT, I didnt open the unit, instead i loosened the ground screws and ran a jumper wire one to the other and tightened it to the outside of the casing. its been three days of plenty of usage and no buzzing or cut outs.

2 Likes

i’ve been using the mixer quit a bit in the last few days and the exterior ground wire seems to have corrected the buzzing sound and eliminated all distortions. Praise God I can mix again!

1 Like

I stopped using the mixer for a few months then plugged it back in to do the update few months back forgetting i had the issue and it worked for a few weeks then the crackling started again the last few days.

So just linking the grounding posts solved it for you?

I even opened a support tix for this and 4 months later, i am still waiting. This support is absolutely garbage.

Found this on a youtube comment from the video on the grounding repair posted above, does any one has an update on just the grounding fix ?

"Some people will get lucky with this fix for a short time like i did, but then i dug abit deeper in to this problem.

The problem is a row of 25v 100uf capacitors next to the relays on the top board with all the inputs and outputs. the capacitors are rubycon pk series and maybe denon bought a big batch of bad capacitors.

You will see two relays next to the xlr outputs and some more further down the board, change the 25v 100uf capacitors next to the relays, it will stop this issue my advice is use 105c low esr 25v 100uf caps, when i measured the original capacitors they had halfed in capacitance and were around 56uf this causes the relays to chatter or vibrate causing loss of output or distortion. "

5 Likes

Good find. I was trying to post that comment from bassweight on YT to all these threads by editing my old comments, but I missed this one.

1 Like

This is good info for the people who need to repair via a third party repair centre. Nice find.

2 Likes

I’m also curious to hear how many instances of the issue this capacitor solution actually helps. Not entirely sure this thread should be closed with that as the solution, though. It might be, but I’m not completely confident it’s the final say on the matter. Seems very specific and plausible, though. Was it marked as the solution by someone with inside knowledge that it is indeed?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.