BlueTooth physically missing or not (yet) exposed in engine os?

I would love to use my Airpods/speakers to use home with the Go even with some latency. And Midi sync via bluetooth when I’m not in Wi-Fi. Or use a keyboard/controller to control the Go. I vote for open up bluetooth for people who want that function. :slight_smile:

The latency over these is so big, it makes very hard to dj with that. Before You hear what You do, that moment is already passed.

As @NoiseRiser said, the delay is enough to make mixing frustrating.

I think the only way that Bluetooth audio could be used would be to output a playlist like on the Zone Out. The tracks could just crossfade between each other and not have any interaction from the DJ. Okay for gyms or fitness instructors that use a large Bluetooth speaker.

This would defeat the purpose of a DJ console as it would be no better than playing a playlist from a phone or other media player.

The latency is much less when using Bluetooth to control something. Games consoles use Bluetooth and so do MIDI controllers. This would be easier to implement. A typing keyboard would work well and so would an SP-1 style DJ controller.

I feel that the only way audio would offer much benefit would be an automix playlist.

I understand, but would be great to have an option just to listen to the music and put out your loops and hotcues. And when I want to Dj I put in my speakers/headphones via cable. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Most DJs wouldn’t like to DJ with high latency.

High latency would be a terrible user experience for DJs that don’t understand Bluetooth latency. Denons tech support would be called and bad reviews.

There can be a number of reasons as to why having BT audio output can be desirable. We can discuss here at great lengths how bad the latency is. Or how shitty the audio quality. But in the end of the day it all depends on the use case. I’d rather have Denon expose it, so I can decide to use it, or not. Now that chip is just sitting there doing nothing.

2 Likes

Dillinger is over kill. Use Akiko Pro