Best quality recording on Prime 4 - Internal HD vs Audacity vs other USB Interface?

Still easy to find, and they’re still worth it. I’d have to guess their newer models and cheaper (2 input only, for example) are probably just as good.

That’s kind of rough, considering it’s from an extremely high end production studio built by the kind of guy that has great ears and the electronics & audio engineering ability to be able to measure performance to get the best bang for his buck…

I’ve been using mine for a couple of years and it was an excellent upgrade besides being versatile. But that’s what one gets I guess for sharing personal experience in a request for input…

Please do not think I am trying to offend you. Far from it!

Different gear for different purposes. I simply think its overpriced for what it offers. The specs I see published are not equal to other current professional gear, dollar for dollar.

But specs can lie. I’ve tried lots of stuff. Sometimes it comes down to personal taste and what the owner likes, or how its perceived by the clients ear.

I’m on a MOTU AVB setup now with the 828es, 16A, 8A and 8D. Blows away everything I’ve tried before. That’s my opinion and my ear though. To someone else they may say my setup is ■■■■.

There’s lots of way to connect all your gear, record and monitor it. Almost as many opinions as options too! My upgrades have now made my monitoring system obsolete so I have to spend more to gain the upper end of the benefits. A deadly game for my wallet :frowning:

Someone mentioned RME. They are really great. Also very expensive. Probably overkill for dedicating to recording 2ch DJ sets :stuck_out_tongue:

One day if I am rich, maybe I will upgrade everything to RME and get those Adam S3h.

I stand by my opinion that for the $ and objective there are other options to consider that may be better. But hey some people like the iConnect too!

My hat goes of for Matthias Carstens, indeed. :smirk:

1 Like

Yup, granted, prices you’ll usually see it at are not for working on a budget; not to mention 95% of the functionality is too much for just recording DJ sets too. I just wanted something with all the extra wackiness but shared because I was stunned a bit once I put the thing in use.