Beat effects levels

I’m new to the GO and have noticed no matter what parameters i chose some effects are ridiculous loud and as subtle as a brick in the face! Are there any settings I am missing? Are there any planned updates on improving the effects or allowing additional variables.

3 Likes

Unfortunately effects are definitely the weak point on the GO. Other than be very gentle with the dry/wet and wait for Denon to hopefully listen to feedback and address the issue, I’m not sure what else you can do. Sadly I’ve just ended up not using them, which isn’t great considering its hardly an inexpensive device.

1 Like

it is such a shame as you say it’s not inexpensive. Using the reverb mostly but as you say find that most are not all that much and when you do, only a fraction of the dry wet. I had an old dnx-1500 mixer and the effects were great.

1 Like

Even the ones on Djay are better, imo.

I could be here all day moaning about them.

1 Like

Same issue for me. I’ve posted in another thread about this. It just sounds so clumsy. Hopefully it gets sorted out in a firmware update. Because it seems like such a basic, unnecessary problem to have, I guess it must be a difficult one to fix, as it wouldn’t be there in the first place.

2 Likes

I hate the effects on the GO. There are times where using 3/4 echo sounds ridiculous.

2 Likes

Just posted the same problem! This problem was already mentioned in July 2020 by Mojaxx and still there is no update regarding this! Very frustrating!!! (7:04) Denon DJ PRIME GO Review | Tips and Tricks - YouTube

Yeah I have also talked about this before but never heard about any update :frowning:

1 Like

+1 from me, only had the go a few days but it’s extremely noticeable compared to pioneer and even my ancient traktor s2 controller

I think the Prime GO effects are much better after the 1.6 update. The huge jump in volume is gone. I only tested it on headphone master out though, so need to try again on actual speakers.