Audio Sounds terrible - its slow,laggy, and grindy

Current Software as of 6/27/2019

When playing any song on the Engine Prime software, the song automatically sounds slower and grindy/glitchy. I can’t play any songs at a normal pace…

This happens every time I reboot the software. It’s been happening since I first installed it.

Here are my System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro AMD Threadripper 2950x 32GB G SKill Trident Z Royal ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha X399 AMD Radeon 7 HX1000 Corsair Power Suppply H115i All in One Cooler Samsung 970 PRO Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe

Is the sample rate in the software set the same as the sample rate of your sound card/computer?

Yes, I have them set to 48000k sample rate. What I can’t adjust on either the sound card or the software is the buffer size: its stuck at 480 and there’s no way to adjust that in Windows 10 either.

Could be your AMD cpu

1 Like

Moving this to general Engine Prime area as it is not a bug but configuration issue.

I think you’re right, might be the AMD processor. I have an Intel processor on my laptop and it works just fine on that. I’ve tried every possible configuration within the Engine Prime settings and i’ve tried adjusting my computer’s sound settings, but I still have these problems with my main computer. I guess i’ll have to deal with it and continue to organize my music using the laptop and the pain in the butt trackpad.

i5 or faster for a library management sw, wow! I used to run Traktor Scratch Pro off a Toshiba dual core computer and it never failed me. It’s still somewhere in the basement and I bet it will still run it fine…

I encountered the same issue on my side with a high end alienware i7 32gig ram. Launch engine prime and sounded terrible, nothing wrong with the sounds settings, but if I Launch the app and force the app to use the nvidia 1080 gpu Instead of the default onboard Intel gpu it works find so as far as it being a bug or a config error I think denon could possibly do a bit of optimization on the interface

How did you change the GPU settings in Engine Prime? can you guide me through? I think it’s worth a shot.

On my windows 10 pro if I right mouse click on the exe there is an option to run with the 1080 Instead of the onboard gpu

Update on this, so far the new update this seems to be a lot better now using the onboard gpu.

Everything is working great now.

I had to do a system restore on my PC because of a virus, then I re-installed Engine Prime and everything seems to be working fine. I’m assuming it was a audio driver issue.

1 Like

Good to know - thanks for telling us

Thanks @DJ_Spooky, I’ll close this topic given the age of it. :+1:t2:

1 Like