Are there any benefits to pairing SC5000M with X1800 as opposed to other mixers?

True, only if 2 units are used of course. With 3 or more SC’s the mixer switch can be used.

1 Like

No, it will not. I own x1700 and x1800 and the x1800 is superior. After the firmware upgrade(1.2) the sound is much better.

Because they fixed the high-end roll off on the players (among other things) - so nothing to do with the mixer. Screensaver and other features adden on the mixer won’t help the owners who already have burn in on them. But - some FX does sound much better/easier to use.

Thank you, I still preffer discreet phono amps for vinly and headphone output, double PSU, 60mm AlpsK faders and other goodies that are on the X1700.

1 Like

I used to have Pioneers for years. Switched pure for the options Denon offers. Have the SC5000 and X1800 gor a year now. The only issues I had was the FXs that could not be tweeked. The players itself are alot better then Pioneers in my eyes. More steel, less breakdowns and the two layer option really is my go to! And the two headphone connectord on the X1800 is really good. I can do a B2B now with just two SC5000 and one X1800. Really so much options!

1 Like

The iso bypass alone is pretty unique. I think with digital in and out, the X1800 can eventually get to the X1700’s gorgeous, musical sound that way on later firmwares, and if it doesn’t, still a valid “tone” and at least still in development. The 1700 is exotic, though. Definitely a harder choice to buy an X1800 for the integration if you already have another great mixer. They are so reasonably-priced, though, most might as well.