After update to 1.6.0 Prime4 ENGINE will hang on ENGINE OS screen and not boot completely

The problem is gone for me. Only thing I can think of that I changed has been that I connected beatport :thinking:

1 Like

hola amigos dj tuve el mismo problema al actualizarla 4 prime con la version 1.6 la verdad nunca me habia pasado pero lo unico que me funciono fue volver a istalar la 1.5.2 y me funciono muy bien

Good day Prime4 Community. So…after a bunch of me doing a bunch of different stuff, I finally was able to successfully update my Prime 4 form Engine OS 1.52 to 1.6.0.

Here is what I finally had to do for a successful update: I had a 1TB SSD in my Prime 4. I removed the SSD and backed up all my music and Library Files. I went through the step by step update process using my computer attached to the Prime 4. After running the update and letting the Prime 4 go through the update routine, I powered the prime 4 back on and it started correctly loading Engine OS 1.6.0. I then powered down the Prime 4. I inserted a USB thumb drive in to one of the top USB slots and started the Prime 4. The Prime 4 started properly and the USB Drive was recognized. I powered down the Prime 4 and removed the USB drive. I then reattached the 1TB SSD – WITH ALL MUSIC AND ENGINE LIBRARY FILED I HAD ON IT BEFORE I REMOVED IT. I powered on the Prime 4…THE PRIME 4 DID NOT start, instead it hung on the ENGINE OS screen and never went any further. I tried the 3 time and it would not start past that screen. I then removed the SSD Drive and powered on the Prime 4 – it started properly. I then REFORMATTED THE 1TB SSD drive to exFAT with a MBR (Master Boot Record) – overwriting all data on the drive so it would be a “clean 1TB exFAT drive. I installed the drive back in to the Prime4 and powered on. The Prime4 started correctly with the newly formatted drive. So, it appears something on that internal SSD drive was “corrupt” and not letting the Prime4 boot correctly or the Prime4 was looking for something or something with the Library was confusing the Prime 4 from starting correctly. None the less, it is working. Now, I am not sure what would happen if you put back the older backed up library files, but I did not have a ton of sets on the internal drive, so it was not a big loss of work.

I hope this helps anyone out who is having the same or similar challenge. If anything happens, I will update everyone here. Be well, EA

1 Like

Thanks brother. Noticed the hang as well. I had to turn off and then back on and was able to boot. But I’ll retest.

I agree it’s most likely a bug on the SSD.

I will test and will also add my input.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.