1st glitch experienced on the Mixstream Pro - track froze when playing

I had been setting up some cue points (this is another story). After an hour or so one track froze when playing and mixing into the next. I couldn’t replicate it but have not had this before.

The only thing I had done about 10-15 minutes before was turn on quantise to help snap my hot cues quicker, and until now had never switched it on. Sync was off (don’t use it.)

Can’t say much more at the moment, it posting for awareness.

It seems this happened on hardware, and thus Engine OS (and not Engine Desktop) - correct?

I think it would help folks even more if you told them what hardware you are running and what version of the Engine OS.

Cheers

1 Like

Hey @SS-FF - Thanks for posting. As mentioned, to narrow things down a bit, can you let us know what version of Engine DJ you’re running on the Mixstream Pro? Also, were you streaming or playing the track from an external drive/card? More information would be greatly appreciated.

Of course no problem at all.

This was on the hardware running 2.0.2 and was mixing from a USB stick. It had been on and mixing for about an hour (probably the longest I have used it in one go :weary:)

Trying to identify a connection with any other events, at one point when creating the playlists on Engine DJ (laptop) the USB did at one point disconnect from the laptop unexpectedly and said something about an error. Not having had this happen I didn’t automatically think this was an Engine DJ error. Could this have been the cause of the track freezing? Maybe, although this is a big assumption.

Hoping to have a bit more time later this week to have another extended session and will report if anything odd occurs. I will pop quantise on from the beginning to see if I can replicate it.

Apart from this so far it has been flawless in the way I use it. I haven’t experienced ‘Pro’ controllers, but the Jogs/buttons feel pretty darn good to me and I could have a party in my house with the onboard speakers and a mini rig :grin:

I got in another mix last night. Well over an hour, and quantise was on all the time.

I played the same selection of tracks. No issues, or freezes to report.

1 Like

Could be a one specific track that caused it…? Can you try to recall a track that was used when the freez occurred?

I played the same set of tracks last night and no issues to report.

Mixstream pro running on engine 2.4.0 os. Music source via usb while doing a set for aprox 40mins into it controller froze and after aprox 3 seconds of been unresponsive it shuts down and restarts this has happened a few times in the past week. I have reinstalled OS software onto the hardware and issue still happening even when I changed music source from usb to SD card… anyone else with similar issues