1.6 all! usb devices shows corrupt database with p4 and engine prime! :(

I couldn’t agree any more… It would be nice if they could add an autimatic fix for the corrupt database error… I’ve only been able to load about 50% of my playlist files before the error appears and the syncing stops… Its very frustrating… I’ve been attempting to follow your advanced instructions (Most Appreciated) although there very involved and i just don’t understand most of it…

Give me a few hours, I’ll put together a more detailed tutorial with more screenshots a bit later today (windows only though - sorry any Mac users).

Tbh I kinda underestimated the scope of this problem so when the first few users started having this I just copied the instructions from something I’d sent Denon staff. I didn’t think it would be particularly widespread enough to go into much detail and figured it would be a quick fix for some of the more savvy users.

2 Likes

Decided to do this sooner rather than later (and I finished what I was working on so had some spare time). Let me know if anything isn’t clear.

@jnyvio @rizzle - you might want to have a read of this as well if you’re still stuck.

@Reese I’ve linked post 2 in a bunch of other threads and I wanted to attach the document there as well but can no longer edit the post, would you mind adding it?

Engine Prime - Fixing Corrupt Databases.pdf (690.9 KB)

1 Like

Thank you… That would be great… I have over 44,000 song files… I just reformatted my USB stick and attempted to sync my playlist one more time… And of course the corrupt error came up and stopped the process.

Agreed it’s not good enough, I’m disappointed 1.6 shipped with this.

Yeah we’ll go with that :wink:

Good stuff!

Maybe a dev-dj on the forum can put this into an app. Command line may be daunting.

Might make a WinForms app sometime over the weekend if I have free time / become incredibly bored.

I spend a large part of my working day coding, debugging or reviewing code so my eyes need a break :+1:

2 Likes

Fantastic! Looking forward to it.

Will do later this evening.

Hi… I really tried to follow your directions… I downloaded the correct file and unzipped it onto my desktop… I followed the path to my Engine Library files but none of them seem to have the .db at the end as yours do… When i coppied all the files and pasted them into the desktop one an error keeps coming up on the “p” file stating not enough room on the pen drive and refuses to copy it???

However, my Engine Library Backup folder as seen below has many db-journal files… I’m so confused…

Control Panel → Appearsance and Personalisation → File Explorer Options → View tab → Uncheck ‘Hide extensions for known file types’

Image 2? This looks like you’re using OneDrive - paste the files into a folder that isn’t sync’d with OneDrive (I recommend going to This PC → C drive and create a new folder named ‘Temp’ as I know for sure that won’t be synced to OneDrive.

Don’t worry about the journal files, they’re not relevant to this :slight_smile:

Hi… I fixed the first part with the file ext option… Thank you!.. I’m not sure what OneDrive is (can i turn it off?) but its in my list of choices above my pictures, documents… I went to my PC then to C drive but there is already a Temp folder with Nvidia files… It wont let me create a new one keeps asking to merge with it??

Yes but you should leave it on, OneDrive is default in Windows 10 and if you didn’t opt-out when setting up the OS it can cause issues with missing files etc.

Just name it something else, even temp2 would work :wink:

Tooo late… lol I deleted the OneDrive… I printed your .pdf and will atempt to follow it again.

Ok… Tried it again…

In cmd prompt i keep getting this error… “The system cannot find the path specified”.

In your instructions, there seems to be two ways you have the “copied linked” typed…

The first way is; 'sqlite3 p.db Having a comma in the front of the line.

The 2nd way is on the cmd image where you have; >sqlite3 p.db with an arrow in front. I’m Confused??

So i tried it several different ways… And I can’t seem to get past the “The system cannot find the path specified” error… I am definitely typing something wrong.

Again, Thank you for all of your help… I’m totally overwhelmed…

It’s just sqlite3 without a ’ or > character. That was done to separate the command from the rest of the text - I probably should have used bold or italics instead.

Business opportunity here lol. Get folks to load their DB via dropbox, fix for a fee 5 bucks a pop. Then advertise everywhere on the forum :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi, i’ve been at this all day… I have the db files in the sqlite folder… I tried the command path several different ways plus one without the cd space in front… I’m sure i’m doing something wrong??

20210312_211510

20210312_212207

20210312_223647

The cd and sqlite3 commands need to be done separately, e.g

cd C:\some_folder

Press enter, then type the sqlite3 command.

sqlite3 itm.db “PRAGMA integrity_check”

Press enter.

What you’ve done there is combine the commands into one, which is possible but not with that syntax. cd stands for change directory and only needs to be done at the start.

1 Like

Hi, Thank you again for your continued support… :blush::+1:

I split the file cmd paths into two as you just suggested and that did it…

However, every file came back “OK” and i am still getting the corrupt error… Could my backup folder db files be conflicting with the main folder? I really thought we had this beat. :man_shrugging:

20210313_013419

20210313_013356

Ok thats fine, I’ve just noticed that when you first posted this the error message said the database files on the “USB31FD” drive are corrupt, so all you need to do is repeat this procedure, but with the db files from the USB drive (they are located in the Engine Library folder on the USB drive) and that should fix it for you.

1 Like