1.6 all! usb devices shows corrupt database with p4 and engine prime! :(

If you want anyone to read that, you’re going to have to break it up a bit… cba reading a wall of text with no paragraphing.

2 Likes

I have the same issue. This is a complete joke after waiting 6 months

See post 2.

[Some letters for the forum 12 character rule]

Sorry if my reply is not up to your calibre of writing. I’ll try edit it & break it up a bit for you, ok? I’m not sure if its just too much effort for you to read or whether you did actually read it and now realize that there really is a problem with the firmware. Anyway your critic of my writing hasn’t added any clarification to the problem I was experiencing.

1 Like

No, I’m saying your databases are corrupt.

I think you’re mixing up cause and effect here. I do not believe that 1.6 causes corrupt databases, however, the effect of no longer ignoring db corruptions is these messages.

It is highly likely that your databases had something wrong with them beforehand, 1.6 just allows this information to come to light.

Yep, currently, EP only checks on backing up databases as far as I’m aware, so this isn’t a surprise.

Reverting to an older beta or 1.5.x “solves” your problem because those earlier firmware versions ignore the db errors, which in of itself is not a solution to the problem and just hides it. Denon did the correct thing in no longer ignoring the issues, however, where they messed up is not providing a way to fix it within the software when they stopped ignoring db errors, hopefully this is coming in a future update as we absolutely shouldn’t be needing to resort to doing this manually.

Don’t Macs have some fancy dual boot system to boot Windows? Failing that you can always use something like VMWare or VirtualBox to create a temporary VM (Windows or Linux it doesn’t matter) then use that.

Alternatively, you could post the specific errors you’re having here and see if anyone has a solution - I might not be a mac guy in general but that doesn’t mean I can’t help if I know the exact output of the commands, as the output will be common to all OS’s.

Don’t get me wrong I understand the frustration, but if you want a solution you might want to cool off a bit and post something that we can use to help you. Help us help you as it were.

Much appreciated, my eyesight doesn’t deal well with singular, unbroken walls of text.

UPDATE:

After some help on sqlite from a youtube channel, I managed to follow JonnyXDA’s fix with ease and all is working. Thank bro. There was no way I could delete library and start over. As many have said on here, it’s not good of Denon to put out an update that’s going to crash even if previous firmware worked and overlooked funk databases. People DJ for a living and that bug could screw around with someone’s paper or reputation. I hope they give JonnyXDA something for helping them out. Anyone not experienced with Windows Comand Prompt, let me know and I’ll make a step by step vid of what I done.

Peace👊🏾

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to read & reply. Apologies if my frustration is falling on you, it is not meant in that way. I honestly appreciate your assistance with this. I think Im just extremely ■■■■■■ that Denon can push out an update fully aware that there is the potential for something like this to happen. The way things currently stand, there is absolutely no way of us knowing whether or not our database is corrupt (other than doing what you have suggested). Also to let the unit boot-up and run for a couple of hours and then suddenly decide to tell us the db is corrupt makes things even worse. To put the cherry on top, we cant even access our drive at all once this happens!! The very least Denon could do is allow us to access the files on our drive without search capabilities, then at least the party can continue. I will try your sqlite manual fix again, I have Parallels installed on my mac, but I really only use it for my laser software. But I’ll have to do some googling and try sqlite again. I’ll let you know the outcome. Thanks again

1 Like

I have a mac and I don’t get it

I also use a mac & struggled. I had to use Parallels on my mac to get this to work. I eventually got Sqlite to analize my db… Lo & Behold… it found lots of “missing links” or something like that. I’ve managed to repair one of my 4 drives so far. I still haven’t updated to 1.6 Official again, as I need to have the time to test it before I do my weekly gigs. But for now it does seem like even though there’s no indication from Engine Prime or Engine OS (initially anyway) that the database has issues, Sqlite certainly detects problems.

@JonnyXDA Just a quick update. I managed to get Sqlite to work and it did detect missing link errors in my “m.db” file. So you were 100% correct regarding the database being the problem. I’m now busy checking all 4 of my drives as they will probably all have the same issue. Im still reluctant to update after what I went through this weekend, however Im glad that I’ve found the problem. A big thank you for your help and putting up with me whilst I was angry. You def deserve a case of cold ones!! Thanks again.

No worries, glad you got it sorted in the end :+1:

2 Likes

Can I send you my files to repair I have no idea how to do this

I will gladly help if I can. How big are your m.db and p.db files?

I had over 10k files on my drive that took me weeks to compile a copy from my Rekordbox collection… you Sir are a lifesaver! #salute

Would love to see a video or something as brain is not work when I try doing this myself plz plz help!!

It might help if you told us exactly what happened when you tried this yourself. And I mean exactly - every single step you took, command you typed, output of said command etc.

Posting “it no worky” helps noone…

I also had problems with the macbook and terminal, but it ran perfectly with windows. but you can always find a win pc somewhere. well how it worked for me perfectly - not that johnnyxda will still slams his head on the table top :slight_smile: chose your usb stick. -there are m.db and p.db files and a few more but m.db was my “problemchild” create folder. if you wanna keep it simple, create folder best direct on c:/ HDD. now you have C:/yourfolder copy in your m.db or p.db file. copy also in the 3 sqlite3 files from johnnys link. choose windows… do not! open the sql file. open the command tool. just do a win search after command. (in germany this is called “eingabeaufforderung”) check your language… black window opens. c:/users/ is displayed. type in the path of your created folder with the m and sql files. type cd C:/yourfolder or the exat path were it is. now you are in folder. now run commands. wait until the command displays OK or…the problems. run johnnys 2. command to fix it.

sorry for my bad english…:slight_smile:

Not that big… please email me at jordank7@icloud.com, I’ll get them to you

Thanks JonnyXDA for your instructions of repairing database, it helped me and now Engine Prime 1.6 works fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@JonnyXDA thank you very much for your help!!!.. my database is now ok and working properly!!!

2 Likes