1.4 Beta thoughts

So I had a chance to have a play with the new beta for a couple of hours on my SC5000’s/X1800 and I have to say I am very impressed, the Tidal intergration worked flawlessly for me, with my internet connection I was able to download and analyze most songs in FLAC in under 10 seconds from clicking on them which was very impressive. I was also very impressed with the track selection, I couldnt think of a song that wasnt available. I was using the LAN ports rather than WIFI.

I had a minor issue after a while where the players would say my account was in use and wouldnt let me load another track but I think this is the way my internet connection is set up, my connection is set to split out over 4 VPN connections so it could look to Tidal servers like 4 seperate places were trying to connect.

All I had to do was wait and try again after a few seconds:

I noticed quite a few tracks on Tidal are greyed out in the search results and you cant load them (Track 20 in the image below), does anyone know why? I am guessing something to do with the licence holder not allowing them to be used on Denon?

There are a cople of things with the intergration I would like to see improved, and that would be the ability to add songs to the play later list and also be able to add them to Denon playlists, at the moment it seems you now need to manage playlists via the tidal app which adds to the workflow workload. Also the histories are not kept anywhere not even in Tidal from what I can see which is a big issue. It very much feels like you are going in to a seperate section/ecosystem on the players which you kind of are, I would like it to feel like it was more part of the same collection/ecosystem as the other media connected to the device.

As I said overall I am very impressed with the Tidal feature but the playlisting and history issues are very annoying, plus at £20 a month for Flac support its expensive. I just cant see myself really using it, you would never be able to rely on the fact that you will have a reliable connection at gigs for this to be more useful we need an offline mode.

I have the same thing happening, where it tells me that another Tidal client is playing music from my account.

I havent got VPN, but could it be something happening when the 2 SC5000 both are playing from Tidal? But its not happening all the time, so dont know if its something to do with ‘server-refresh’ at Tidals end…

Others than that I havent found any issues yet💪

Mate, 4 VPN’s? How, and even more, Why? :woozy_face::wink:

I think the greyed out tracks are not available in your country. There was an idea to simply not show them, but search results do show them. Check if they show up using your computer.

The E tracks are explicit.

You want the technical reason? I have a 400meg connection, openVPN is still not multithreaded so to get the full 400meg via openVPN on average hardware requires you to have more than vpn 1 connection as different connections used different CPU threads, plus 4 gives you redundancy incase one VPN endpoint goes down :slight_smile:

Ah not just me then, probably something that needs looking in to.

Ah okay. Don’t use VPN to connect to internet (only for support access to customers). My connection is about 500Mbit. Haven’t had Tidal problems, but I will have a lookout.

pretty sure you can teather your mobile phone to the sc5000, there you have a reliable connection in 95% of places?

tracks greyed out are not availalble in your country.