Would this case also work with the SC5000M do you think?

Review of Magma Case for Denon SC5000 & Denon X1800 Prime - YouTube Thoughts on using this with the SC5000M? I’m guessing it would be fine, but in case I just wanted to ask you beforehand as the retailer didn’t know.

I think yes.

I have this case and there is foam in the cover, so there is still some room left.

I have this case as singles and absolutely love it. The SC5000 can get quite warm in there (after some hours). As the SC5000M has need for additional cooling, that could be an issue. Space wise the case should be fine. The only dimensional difference is the platter and that is covered by a very soft foam block. You could even replace that foam block with a different one.

You’re best contacting Magma directly as we currently do not have any of these cases in our office :slight_smile:

Yes they do but keep in mind that it’s a better idea to have separate cases. Mostly for your back and sometimes a big case is hard to fit in cars or through tight access to a venue. The cases by themselves is very good.

1 Like

I tell ya there are cases for both. I personally love having everything plugged in, in one case and just ready to go. It’s also better on those connections and cables from not plugging and unplugging over time especially if you’re a mobile DJ and play lots of gigs every week. It also saves on setup and breakdown time to have everything in a case and ready to go.

But it’s definitely easier on your back to have separate casss, when having to haul that sucker up flights of stairs! :joy:. And yes, if you’re hauling in a vehicle with limited space. I’ve seen some soft cases from magma too that might be even better for that.

Otherwise a coffin is the way for me.

1 Like

While I don’t go out much with the set, I found that most separate cases have a reversed setup, so the hardware does not “sink” in the larger part of the case. Esthetics, but still…

Like this:

Then how about that one https://www.magma-bags.de/dj-controller-case-sc-5000-prime.html ? :wink:

Those weren’t available when I looked in July 2017. :sunglasses:

EDIT: Magma states in the link from @beatom that the SC5000M is supported, so there’s an answer for topicstarter.

I have these type of cases and love them, with my nxs2 set up I had cases where the hardware would “sink” in but noticed that sometimes the machines got very hot. That problem I don’t have with these cases.

Yes I can understand that, but then I would use them as carrying case. Don’t know how hot the Primes become “sinked in”. Don’t use my case much.

I’ve got the large heavy case:

2 Likes

Somewhat hot. Only in warm ambient conditions and after some hours. There is ventilation going under the player if you open front and back of the case, so it never gets critical. Had them standing by with closed front and lid in the summer and was a bit surprised how hot they got, but still not critical.

The Ms produce a bit more heat, so they really might need that open front to supply their fans.

1 Like