Soundswitch Subscription Query

I’m about to buy a Denon controller and wondered if you need an active Soundswitch subscription to use engine lighting to control lights via DMX at all times?

For example, could I pay for a month, set-up the fixtures and scenes, and then cancel the subscription? i.e. do you only need a subscription to make changes?

Yes.

Yes

But keep in mind that if you add new tracks to your collection, you won’t be able to script lights for them. Those new tracks will only work with autoloops. And if one day you decide to create new autoloop cycles, you won’t be able to do them.

Thanks - that’s super helpful!

SoundSwitch Software Subscriptions Explained[ Print](javascript:print():wink:

Modified on: Wed, 1 Nov, 2023 at 10:10 PM

Explaining Software Subscriptions

Discover the three subscription options available with the launch of SoundSwitch 2.0 software:

1. Monthly Subscription
  • Price: $7.99 per month
  • Benefits:
  • Unrestricted access to the latest SoundSwitch software.
  • Comprehensive customer support.
  • Flexibility to pause or cancel your monthly subscription whenever you need.
  1. Yearly Subscription
  • Price: $79.99 per year
  • Benefits:
  • Unrestricted access to the latest SoundSwitch software.
  • Comprehensive customer support.
  • Option to pause or cancel your yearly subscription as required.
  1. 2.x Perpetual License
  • Price: $199.99
  • Benefits:
  • Complete access to SoundSwitch, including all future 2.x releases.
  • Full customer support for the entire duration of all 2.x releases.

If you have any questions or require any support regarding the SoundSwitch Software subscriptions please get in touch via support@soundswitch.com

1 Like

Engine Lighting by SoundSwitch | Engine DJ

Basic | Smart Lights software Engine DJ v2.0 or higher Hardware Philips Hue Engine DJ hardware running v2.0 or higher Philips Hue Bridge Philips Hue smart lights (Entertainment Area approved) Nanoleaf Engine DJ hardware running v2.3 or higher Nanoleaf Shapes or Lines smart lights Note: The Denon DJ X1800 or X1850 mixer are required to use Engine Lighting with Engine DJ Media Players.

Pro | DMX Lights Software Engine DJ v2.0 or higher SoundSwitch v2.4 or higher Hardware Engine DJ hardware running v2.0 or higher SoundSwitch Control One, Micro DMX or first generation DMX interface Note: The Denon DJ X1800 or X1850 mixer are required to use Engine Lighting with Engine DJ Media Players. Subscriptions Active SoundSwitch Trial or Full License

1 Like

Does this mean that to use Engine Lighting without making any modifications, you need to have the SSW license? So now what I answered above is no longer true?

If only using Philips Hue Bridge with Philips Hue smart lights or Nanoleaf. Please note these have limited and basic options.

Yes, that was clear. But my question was whether the use of DMX lights with Engine Lighting does not work if a user has an expired license, which is the question that was asked by @philbrown84 in the first message.

It’s interesting if the inbuilt date & time inside the hardware along with the new sign-in to inMusic profile option can block or unblock a subscription on the hardware.

It’s a new feature if it does and a cool use of the technology. Before you had to resub to add new fixtures or scan tracks.

When will the SoundSwitch Micro DMX be available on the webshop? it says out of stock for about 2 months.

Hoping within the next 30 days…thanks

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.