Feature Requests - What would You like to see?

Oooh, that would be cool…doubt it’s gonna’ happen, but it would be cool regardless.

It’s basically what the competition has so it would make sense.

I would like to see genre column on the main screen or the option to choose what you see on the screen I don’t use the key I would like to replace it we’re something else

When I’m in a playlist I would like to just search songs in that playlist only

2 Likes

For the development team: Is there a possibility to sync the flashing of the play and slip buttons wenn both players are in sync, now they are slightly off…

Playing back to back with a friend and we thought it would be cool if layer A could be 100% tied to USB1 on decks one and two and then layer B would be tied to USB 2 on both decks. Today we can have deck one and two tied to one USB and the other deck tied to the other. While yes this is the same thing in essence, however people that are new to the SC 5000s and the dual layer feature, it will be easier for them to get used to. Or that is at least the feedback I have gotten from my friends that are coming over to try things out.

A great big PLUS ONE for that! Screen layout customisation would be a very useful feature, obviously one-up on the competition and much preferable to having no choice at all.

2 Likes

Yeah, but that would introduce a shedload of bugs. I’m all for more features so long as the stability doesn’t take a hit as a result. That’s what plagued Traktor & Serato for so many years.

1 Like

These are more of aesthetic improvements that I’d like to see but, the ability to change the jog wheel color to white and the option to turn off the color ring all together if one wanted to. The ability to change the color of the eight stored cue points using the player rather than using Engine Prime to do so. Also the ability to name the cue points from the player would be nice. Those would be very useful to me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A feature suggestion to be made which I personally don’t want in, but just to be ahead of the request…

If someone asks for the option to allow SC5000 to copy files to and from other drives (such as a mass storage device), then I also would like a setting in Engine Prime profile preferences or password protected in the SC5000 preferences to disable / block that option in your library :grin:

1 Like

Few more suggestions to be creative in playback:

• Preferences setting for Play button behaviour: Play/Pause / Stutter Play (This setting would switch the play button behaviour between normal Play / Pause (and Shift + Play/Pause for Stutter Play) and Stutter Play (and Shift + Play/Pause for Pause)
  • Re-loop (by holding Shift + press Auto Loop), could also be used to stutter Loop In point. (or is re-loop already in and did I miss it?)
  • Dual Loop (to create and activate a secondary manual loop (same as Loop In and Loop Out, but now by holding Shift + Loop In and Shift + Loop Out). Could be used to create a loop inside a loop, or a secondary manual loop without losing first manual loop).
  • Load previous loaded track (Shift + Previous Track button) (assuming that the previous button normally plays Previous track in a track list)

now that I finally had one for a day here is what I would like to see

1. Sort by date added
  2. customizable sort area being I never browse or sort by album, could sub that out for date added
  3. little better of a search engine older 5000 had
  4. connectivity to our laptop to use engine as our main source to drag and drop tracks to the players
  5. active loops to trigger on their own when the track reaches the loop
  6. option to have full screen track list once in a crate being a lot of us go into 1 crate and play there for a while, don’t need all the crates costly visible, perhaps a shortcut on left to show playlists on/off
  7. a way to clear played “green” tracks
3 Likes

Is stutterplay the same as CUP, what now is shift+play? I second that!

Yes, return to cue point and keep playing

1 Like

Are you replying to my post?

If so, well that would depend very much on who’s doing the programming, surely. If it’s well written then no, there wouldn’t be bugs.

Use ears, listen and mix!!!

1 Like

Why USB hub??? Not enough 6 usb slots??? + 2 SD card slots :open_mouth:

To defend this one about the hub:

Take for example a small mobile DJ company, 4 guys. They saved up for a complete set (1 mixer, 2 units). One night they have 2 shows at the same time, and with Prime they can use 1 deck on each show (dual layer), so they have 3 USB-slots available. They have a ‘global collection’ on a harddrive and each DJ has it’s own USB-stick. Then the 3 USB-slots are fully used. The wedding couple they are playing for has also made a USB stick with some requests Then they are short of a port or need to eject and load several times…

Or 3 DJ’s, one global collection and 3 sticks of the DJ’s themselves = 4 ports…

Or DJ’s who have separated USB-sticks by genre… EDM on one stick, HipHop on one stick, Deep House on one stick, Pop on one stick, Rock on one stick, etc…

I totally agree, perhaps most DJs will never ever use or need a HUB with the SC5000, especially not when they have 2 or more units, but I can think of many examples why it could be a great solution for some DJs. Just supporting a hub is no harm at all.

Still no hub needed, even in that mobile friends scenario.

When playing from a USB stick, any of the USB sticks, even the one that’s playing, can be ejected to allow different USB sticks to be inserted.

1 Like

That’s what I said… I agree that a hub is not needed, but it’s convenient. It now feels like you say that a second wagon in a subway is not needed because people can change seats with a standing person at any station. Is indeed an option, but in real life the second wagon that offers more seats is experienced as convenient and welcome by the travelers. Just talking possibilities and ease of use on this matter. If it is possible (and it was on other devices, like Denon DN-HD2500), no one is bothered by the support, and others benefit from it. Other people might not need the sync button for example, but it’s there :wink:

1 Like