Export to MCX8000 - BPMs Changed During Process


#1

Prior to performing the ‘Export to MCX8000’ process, I checked my tracks to ensure that they have the correct BPM and made edits as necessary (very important to me when searching for tracks to mix). It appears that during the Export process, Engine 1.2.2 incorrectly re-analyzed multiple tracks changing the BPMs. Major problem and wiped out HOURS of editing. Now I’m showing files that should be in the 120 BPM range as 79 BPM, etc. This needs to be fixed.


#2

Yeah i too can confirm this that it needs to be fixed.Thanks for the post.

Regards, Shane. Kissanime Groupme


#5

I do apologise for this, I understand this must be extremely frustrating. Just to confirm a couple of points, and we’ll look into this further: Are the BPM’s correct in Engine Prime? Or are both incorrect in Engine Prime & your USB Drive? Was this onto an empty USB drive or was there tracks already on there?


#6

Hi Chloe,

The files were already on the USB. They were exported onto the USB using Serato DJ Pro’s ‘Copy’ feature.

After lauching Engine Prime, I performed an import of the Serato crates. Engine Prime then analyzed the files. Next, I reviewed the imported files and edited the BPM’s on the imported files as needed. I then performed the ‘Export To MCX8000’ process. It was after the export when I discovered that the BPM’s were changed, not only on the files that I edited, but on others that were correct prior to the ‘Export To MCX8000’ process.

For the record: My main music library is stored on an external hard drive and backed up to other external drives. I keep no music on my any internal drives. For the purpose of security and convenience, this has been my process for many years. I exported a smaller library of music (6700 files) on to a 256GB USB for the purpose of using with the MCX8000.