Disappointed by Engine Prime Analysis

Unfortunately, overnight due to 203 Flags against this topic and a number of posts from all the involved parties, the system has closed this topic for 72 hours. I really must ask that everyone try to act in the spirit of the forums. An open, but fair and non-abusive environment.

Thank you all for your feedback, it will be considered. Should anyone like to submit further feedback please drop me a PM or feel free to post again once everyone has taken a breather.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 3 days.

ā€¦and that is what Iā€™m talking about. Iā€™m from the era of vinyl. Itā€™s nice to have but I mix by ear. All the new digital era music doesnā€™t really fluctuate like live instruments. I really donā€™t understand the big deal. KNOW YOUR MUSIC! Know where the breakdowns are. Know when the pitch will change. I have never used a laptop to play nor do I rely on those beatgrids. AND I NEVER SYNC. I play by ear. But maybe itā€™s me. Iā€™m old school. BTW, I only used CDs and thumb drives. Serato, Traktorā€¦whatā€™s that?

1 Like

Proper analysis isnā€™t only for mixing or syncing track A to Track B

I believe knowing the music is how many realised that the grid or bpm is not correct in the first place.

How will you manage a 4 beat autoloop if your BPM is not right?

How will Sound switch work if the grid is not right?

How will beat jump work if the grid isnā€™t right?

8 Likes

Point taken. :+1:t5:

Second that. Iā€™m a vinyl DJ too and have only got one sc 5000 for those tracks that donā€™t exist on vinyl or are not affordable. So if I have to play them digitally i want the benefits of digital. Iā€™m not syncing either.

1 Like

@mufasa

Like always, you are spot on. :heart:

1 Like

Which version of RB did you use in the test?

The most recent stable release as at the date I did the testing.