X1850 mixer channel cue button colors don't match the ones of the player connected to it

I have the players connected to the line inputs of the channels like this because I prefer that setup: Channel 1 – player 1 layer B Channel 2 – player 1 layer A Channel 3 – player 2 layer A Channel 4 – player 2 layer B

Colors chosen for the players: player 1 layer B: yellow player 1 layer A: blue player 2 layer A: red player 2 layer B: green

Actual order of colors displayed cue buttons above each mixer channel: Channel 1 – blue → player 1 layer A Channel 2 – red → player 2 layer A Channel 3 – yellow → player 1 layer B Channel 4 – green → player 2 layer B

Why doesn’t it take the correct player’s color? Also, when I use the track preview function (preview without loading track) for example on player 2 layer A, it will actually come on the cue of channel 2 that matches that player’s color and not on the cue of channel 3 where the player is actually connected. Once a song is loaded on the player of course it comes through the correct cue and channel.

Players are also both connected via Link to the mixer.

Anybody else has this problem?

Did you hold down the engine connect button till the selection screen comes up on the decks?

Connect ethernet of player1 to ethernet port2.

Connect ethernet of player2 to ethernet port3.

4 Likes

Thanks, that did it indeed!

2 Likes

Rule of thumb is: connect ethernet of a player, where you’d want layer A of that player to be. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.