X1850 fx unit loses bpm from 1 media player

so im not sure if this has been a problem for a while and i not have noticed it before… 2 sc6000’s connected via x1850 lan port 1&4 both players communicate internal usb drives and sync data but left hand player (both layer a/b) despite showing the engine symbol (adjacent to the bpm icon in fx display) will stop receiving bpm data for fx so if i change the pitch on the lhs deck the fx bpm does not change, i have qauntize on etc, i have the bpm fx set to auto. if i power down and reset it works for a while, i have recently started using sound switch via engine in the right player which is hit and miss, not sure if this has introduced new bugs??? all firmwares are up to date. any help is appreciated.

1 Like

Whenever you notice it hold the Green Engine Connect button down. Check the screen of both players to see if its communicating

Someone else reported a similar issue, but i think it was related to ethernet cable not seated correctly.

Also boot up sequence seems to matter now

1. boot up both players first, wait till they are fully on

2. Then power up the mixer

Yeah I noticed the boot up procedure had an effect on things, If I hold the engine connect button players config is correct, I just cant see why if I have the engine symbol on the fx display it does not adjust according to the pitch controls which are speeding up or slowing the track……sync and usb drives work though. Weird To make things worse the touchscreen on the lhs deck stops accepting your touch as well :rage: