X1850 background noise

Product:
X1850 Prime

Engine OS Version: (1.2, 1.3.1, etc…)
X1850 firmware 1.0, hardware 1.3

Steps to Reproduce: (Turn on unit, press button X, etc…)
Connect main output or booth output to active boxes (in my case HK Audio Nano 602)

Expected Result: (ex: It does X…) No sound

Actual Result: (ex: It does Y…) Pulsating sound of around 100Hz all time on booth output, unregularely on main output but double loudness as from booth output. Ends when switching the sampling rate of the mixer, then only a very silent noise with the same vibrato is recognizable. In the attached video shows only the booth output, I will make another video when it happens again on the main output.

Reproducibility: (ex: Happens 1 out of 10 times.) All time reproducibility on booth output. Main output happens unregulary and ends when changing the sampling rate.

Other Relevant Configuration Info: (ex: Plugged into a Windows 10 laptop.)
No other relevant configuratons needed

Operating System & Version (if applicable):
Not needed

Link to Video Repro:

Here the video with main out:

Sounds like interferency sound from power transformer. Maybe a week isolation on your audio cable. Have you tried a better audiocable ? Also you could try a DI-Box which cuts the ground from from the signal.

Are the main PA on the same power cord as the mixer ?

If yes - try to turn one of the powercables (In normal plugs you have life and neutral cabel, if they are in different possitions like PA (1 Life 2 Neutral) and mixer (1 Neutral 2 Life) it also could buzz like this.

Just turn plug by 180° … then you could have luck and the buzzing sound is gone. If not use a DI-Box from mixer to PA.

Yes, same result.

Yes on the same

and yes I tried to turn power plugs 180° and no effect. I could make another video with the main output and added it to my initial post, please watch. There you will see (and hear) that the sound is twice loud as connected to the booth and will stop when I am changing the sampling rate on the mixer on the end of the video and wait until the mixer switches the audio on again, you will hear a click after changing the sampling rate on the end of the video. I am using also an DJM 2000 NXS mixer and there is really no sound on silence recognizable.

1 Like

Holy ■■■■, is that a loud buzzing. That is real not normal. That is also not a normal buzzing from plug. Sound more like a problem within the pre amplifier in your mixer. Maybe there is a loose cable anywhere, or the amplification circuit is broken.

There you have to bring it to your local dealer. That seems not be fixable with simple tricks.

Sorry for a stupid question, have you try to lightly push on the mixer, if it changes sound ? If the sound changes, it could possibly be a loose connection.

But anyway … this device needs to be fixed by a technician.

By the way, how old is the mixer ?

Wait, before we say it comes from the mixer … Have you also tried the mixer without your Pioneer FX Device ? - It looks also like the vibrating buzz is in the same frequency like the blinking bpm of the pioneer. Maybe this is the sounding candidate … Ever check all devices alone, and add other devices after. Only there you can find, which device is the one with the problem.

Unplug all devices that are not nessesary for doing music. (You could maybe have an feedback loop to your pioneer … only maybe …)

1 Like

Brand new, I have it for a bit longer than 2 weeks.

Your right! Its the power of the RMX-1000. When I unplug the RMX-1000, the noise on the booth is gone. I need to wait until it happens on the main output, or maybe the problem is gone.

Thanks DJDark

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.