X1800 not updating, wont restart automatically

Hi having a few problems with the x1800, firstly engine connect stopped working so we set about doing a factory reset to try and fix the problem, but although it did reset it did not fix it, so we then tried to update the firmware again, but after the update the application tells me to wait while it is instaled and the unit will restart, but the unit does not restart no matter how long you leave it.

Once i had the same problem, the x1800 update was frozen during processing. Just reset the X1800 and do it again.

Been at it 12 hours and no joy, and I am no slouch with technology. I am convinced it has bricked, when I watch Mojaxx video I can see how during the process channels 1 and 2 indicate data transfer and the third channel shows process, how ever the lights on my mixer remain static throughout the process and does not restart.

1 Like

What operating system are you using on your pc or are you using a mac? Windows 7 is not supported and another tip is, go from the usb 3.0 port on the mixer to the usb 2.0 port on the pc or mac. I have connection problem with my Akai MPCX when connecting from the usb 3.0 to the pc usb 3.0 port. I have to use usb 2.0 port to get the connection to work flawless. So when I updated the SC5000 and X1800. I did the same connection without problems.

Yeah, have tried 3 different computers with Windows 8.1 and 10 and several USB ports on them with no luck.

Are you using X1800 PRIME Windows Driver 1.0.3? You may have seen these instruction already.

WINDOWS​ ​DRIVER​ ​UPDATE​ ​(Windows Only)

1. Install Denon DJ X1800 Prime Driver 1.0.3.
  2. Restart Computer.
  3. Proceed to steps below. USB​ ​AUDIO​ ​INTERFACE​ ​UPDATE Note: If USB Audio Interface is up to date this application will automatically close and continue to the control surface update.
  4. Unzip the update file.
  5. Connect the X1800 PRIME to your computer via USB​ ​port​ ​1​.
  6. Power on the X1800 as normal.
  7. Double click the Denon​ ​DJ​ ​X1800​ ​Firmware​ ​Updater​ ​Application​ icon.
  8. Click UPDATE​ ​FIRMWARE​. This will update the devices XMOS (USB Audio Interface) firmware from to 1.0.
  9. Once complete the Updater Application will automatically close and open a second window.
  10. USB Audio Interface update complete.
  11. Proceed to the steps below. CONTROL​ ​SURFACE​ ​UPDATE
  12. Power OFF​ the X1800 PRIME.
  13. Connect the X1800 PRIME to your computer via USB​ ​port​ ​1​.
  14. Press and hold BACK​ + FX​ ​CUE​ + TAP.
  15. Power on​ ​the X1800 while holding the 3 button combination above. The display will show “Update​ ​Firmware?”​ ​-​ ​OK​ ​/​ ​CANCEL​”.
  16. Release the buttons.
  17. Turn the FX​ ​SELECT​ knob to OK​ and push the encoder to enter. Channel meters 1,2, and 3 will begin to illuminate from the top down. Once the display shows “Data Receiving​” proceed to the next step.
  18. Click NEXT​ in the X1800 Firmware Updater application.
  19. Once complete the X1800 PRIME will power cylcle
  20. Update complete.

i need your help update on x1800 first no usb plug in the mixer and it said firmware update when i press back / fx cue and tap they ask firmware update i said yes !!! on mac it said data receiving but nothing !!! same thing for me but on mac and if i try to just power on the mixer is not working always flashing

Did you try the following? It has been reported a few times on the forum (and actually happened to me when I updated mine as well). A key way to tell is that when you turn the unit on, it just flashes all the lights from the top left to the bottom right.

To fix this you will need to first update the CONTOL SURFACE (STM/DSP) Firmware. 1.Connect the X1800 PRIME to your computer via USB 1. 2.Power on the device while holding BACK + FX CUE + TAP. 3.Choose OK to start the update. 4.Next, follow the specific steps below for your OS.

Windows: •On your computer go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Denon DJ\X1800 Firmware Updater\STM32 •Double click the Denon DJ X1800 Firmware Updater2 application. •This will run the Control Surface (DSP/STM) updater application. •Follow the on screen instructions to start the update process. •Once complete perform a factory reset. •Next, run the full X1800 Firmware Updater application again to complete the USB Audio Interface (XMOS) update. •Note: Once this completes you can skip the second portion of the update as you’ve already done this above.

Mac: •On your computer go to: Applications folder and find Denon DJ X1800 Firmware Updater.app •Right-click/control-click on the app and choose Show Package Contents •Go to Contents/Applications and launch FirmwareUpdater2.app •This will open the Control Surface (DSP/STM) update. •Follow the on screen instructions to start the update process. •Once complete perform a factory reset. •Next, run the full X1800 Firmware Updater application again to complete the USB Audio Interface (XMOS) update. •Note: Once this completes you can skip the second portion of the update as you’ve already done this above.

1 Like

thanks you very much pasque for your help it working now :grin:

Good to know - glad that you’re all sorted now. Now that you’ve got this unusual firmware upgrade step out of the way, all future firmware upgrades should be just a single pass for you now.

1 Like

Did any of the solutions on this forum help? I am having the same problem, I have tried everything people have suggested.

What’s your x1800 doing, or not doing currently?

It would show progress of the update on my computer, but the leds on channels 1 & 2 never moved. After the computer was done updating i waited for the mixer to restart for 15 minutes each time. Out of desperation i tried the same process multiple time and on the 9th try It looked exactly how the Mojaxx denon update video looked while the update was running. I knew then it was going to work, and it did.

So it’s working now for you ?

Yes its working.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.