X1800 Mixer Feature Requests

Yes but not often. It’s performs best when you use it for beat less brakes and like this: knob fast to the left en then slowly back.

The whitenoise FX I never never use.

you can adjust the EQs from the utility menu…unless you are saying to be able to adjust the value of ISO to/and EQ. That would be cool too.

While we’re at it, it would be cool to do that for all the FX. Maybe a utility for the computer and the changes get written to the mixer. I wouldn’t care if the settings weren’t right in the mixer unless the mixer could handle it.

Reese - If you’re ever bored, record a sample video; doesn’t have to be hi quality or anything as long as it shows what you’re doing and i can hear. I’m just sceptical that it would sound nice :wink:

I too don’t really use the white noise live but do at home lol…I do know a lot of guys who do strictly EDM that do make use of it. I personally like the one on Traktor (they call it “Iceverb”) I find it more subtle and love how it has somewhat of a tail to it.

Thats for the feedback Reese.

Cheers

yeah, i was thinking it would be nice to have something in between the two, or be able to adjust the values, people coming from different mixers prefer different padding. i think it would make the mixer more versatile and open to users from different equipment preferences.

1 Like

Isn’t it always full kill (iso) or -26db? Denon is one of rare brands that always offered custom eq crossover points, I think that is way more important in imitating other mixers (if you really feel the need to do that).

For me the best feature would be assignable effects. I really only use wash out. My .02.

1 Like

The most important feature for me I (and I think it shouldn’t be much difficult to implement), is the possibility to create longer echo tails.

Please Denon DJ, give us the ability to increase the feedback of the echo to values higher than -3dB… Please!!

1 Like

Along with screen brightness, add a screen sleep timer.

Sometimes I leave my stuff turned on for extended periods and my Bitcrusher effect screen is burned in lol

1 Like

Once when I first got the mixer, haven’t touched it since.

1 Like

Longer echo tails (currently maximum value limited to -3dB). Please Denon!

I recently bought an exdisplay x1800, they said it had barely been used, which I believe…however I got home and the default echo screen had been burnt in… definitely need to see some ability to adjust the brightness of the led

that, and a sleep timer to have it just go to sleep. But by default, the leds are much brighter than they need to be, I could probably see these things in direct sunlight lmao

Thats…that’s the whole point of a high vis display dude…

I had a gig in bright sunlight a couple of weeks ago and boy was I glad the LEDs were that bright. Maybe there could be an option in the utility for people who don’t want them as bright but I certainly don’t think permanently dimming the LEDs is the correct way to go here.

Just for the record: I was talking the OLED screen, not the rest of the LEDs.

Still needs to be an option to change brightness or just go to sleep being that like 90% of gigs are gonna be inside or in decent shade. OLED screens burn in very easily if you’re like me, a person that leaves stuff on all the time.

I don’t leave things on all the time - one of the very few good habits I picked up while I was a student was being conservative in my electricity usage :slight_smile:

Out of interest, how bad is the screen burn in?

Very bad. Screensaver dim/off options are high on the request list.

I really don’t care about electricity usage. I’m not a millennial; or an Musk and Gore apprentice.

1 Like

Me too. That’s one of the reasons, besides the lack of rotary option, I’m not using my X1800s more: I don’t want to permanently damage the screens. When I do use them, I try to change what’s on the screens frequently.

Anyone know if a negative inversion of the screen at intervals would prevent an OLED from getting burn in?

2 Likes

Great idea, I never touch mine but will try to from now on. Thanks!!