X1800 Firmware v1.3 Now Available!

What J141 states of course. And the internal components were brought up2date, 3 years after X1800 release.

• New higher resistance channel faders
  • New locking IEC
  • New EQ knobs with base indicators
  • New blacked out artwork to match SC6000’s
  • Quantized FX
  • Updated internal circuitry to use the latest available components.

The X1850 replaces the X1800. It is not an MK2.

1 Like

Great list! :facepunch::raised_hands:

1 Like

I see. This update makes the firmware identical but hardware and cosmetics is a bit different. Got it.

1 Like

Forgot how cool the firmware update is on this with the VU meters showing the progress :heart_eyes: :sunglasses: :nerd_face: :ok_hand:

1 Like

This worked!

1 Like

No problems with the Mac Update from Catalina

1 Like

I assume the x1800 has that now or not?

On the new BPM FX: ECHOHOLD, I can’t use FILTER and SWEEP FX Is this normal?

I’ve not had to update my X1800 yet, can I update from a USB stick or do I need to connect my laptop?

Where will you put the USB stick?

1 Like

When ECHOHOLD is selected and active, I can still use filter en sweep. Could you make a video of what you experience?

FX Quantize is not available on the X1800. This feature is specific to X1850.

Working in my environment. What do you mean by “I can’t use”?

X1800 does not have USB inputs for media devices. The update requires a computer.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure whether it could be put into the sc5000 as they are networked into the mixer. Obviously not :joy:

Updated User Guide also now available :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Weird. Is this universal or just with non-Prime players to the mixer?

And what are the implications of it… we have to make sure our timing is good when we turn a Sweep knob or trigger an FX on the x1800 and in contrast the X1850 delays a trigger or truncates a premature one for you in predetermined manner??

Is the X1850 FX quantize defeatable?

That’s a significant punch to x1800 owners. Quantize Fx are firmware, considering how much fx related things this firmware update has brought to the x1800.

Also all that promising comments that denon gave us about primes would be Updated together and no prime would get left behind - and now, on the very first update since that was said and the x1800 is missing features to the x1850 already.

2 Likes

Sorry you feel that way. We literally just released a substantial (free) update that adds new abilities and improvements 3 years after the product release.

If quantization was possible, we would make it happen but it is not.

Disappointing to see complaints about a positive announcement :confused:

2 Likes

I dont know if its a bug…

BUT if I switch to Delay, turn the Wet/Dry to MAX and activate it, there is a fall-out in the sound. :face_with_monocle:

Dont know if its only me…or if it is meant to be this way