X1800 Firmware v1.3 Now Available!

@Reticuli If you manage to make updates let me know if there is an improvement in sound quality or if you will feel any differences. Thanks :slight_smile:

@Reticuli how you making out with the update?

You may want to double check you are running the latest Windows driver 1.0.5. https://cdn.inmusicbrands.com/denondj/X1800/Install_Denon_DJ_X1800_Prime_1.0.5.exe

No joy still. Yes, I have those installed.

I know you a bit. Do you still use Windows7? Please try Windows10 or a Mac. :wink:

1 Like

Maybe I did use some else’s computer to update last time… Maybe I am misremembering and thinking the players last year.

Edit: No. I don’t think so. I definitely used my own computer for that. I had 1.2 firmware updater already on this PC and that guy with the mac was already out of the house by then.

I remember you updated with another persons computer. :relaxed:

I updated the players using a friend’s mac once. Then I switched to using the USB drive method. But I haven’t had any issues with the players’ firmware updater lately.

The mixer I had difficulty updating it the first time to 1.1 whatever and had to do the STM folder first then run the main updater to get the XMOS USB audio drivers working. The 1.2 update worked perfectly on both mixers in Windows 7 during the first attempt using just the exe firmware updater.

Funny thing is now the firmware updater doesn’t even recognize the old firmware when the mixer is in Data Receiving mode. Once I push in the knob to Ok it doesn’t say the old firmware on the PC screen. The mixer when rebooted normally also still shows 1.2 firmware but all the lights do their blink thing like they do on startup, it just doesn’t stop. I was able to go into utility and reset to defaults, but then it froze. Maybe I should try installing 1.1 whatever again.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. Updated my x1800 to v1.3 and all seems to be working ok but for some reason my ‘Noise’ button under the Sweep Fx section is no longer working nor is it lighting up when selected. All other butttons in that section are fine. Denon, any ideas as to why?? Thanks

Maybe it’s USB ports are acting weird. Apart from used OS. I’d still try another computer.

Factory reset could be an option, but then all you settings are to be set again.

Perhaps a complete power cycle with power draining. Otherwise retry the update (you could also start with this step first).

Already tried my laptop… same thing.

1.1.1 updater stm is working. And mixer booted properly on auto restart.

Okay and going from there?

Mixer works fine with old control stm thing and newer xmos. Going to try 1.3 exe again.

Is the xmos the same in 1.3 and running the stm updater is enough, or is the xmos usb audio stuff updated?

Stm folder updater for 1.3 is going past 75 percent.

Installing flash and rebooting to 1.3.

Version 1.3

Hardware 1.0

Do I need to run the main updater with its bin like I did for 1.1.1 whatever?

To my knowledge:

XMOS is still 1.0.0.

STM is updated to 1.3, so only the second part is enough.

It’s a hassle, but you can give it a try to reformat your link, so the forum accept it like this for example:

www . we transfer . com / example (Remove spaces on the link)

Or add the link to the post via edit after posting.

I think the system threshold was reached for some older posts that were marked as spam due to the amount of links.

I don’t know how to change this, so that vigorsolair could add links to a posts again.

JWiLLDenon DJ Staff

7h

If quantization was possible, we would make it happen but it is not.

Transparency is always good, maybe you can explain on why it isn’t possible?

I’d rather know if there was a hardware/software limitation between the two then to feel that this is just planned obsolescence. More people would be inclined to upgrade if they were told that the x1850 had an upgrade processor/DAC/ect, but locking out a feature, without reason, is not cool.

1 Like