X1800 Firmware v1.3 Now Available!

I dont know if its a bug…

BUT if I switch to Delay, turn the Wet/Dry to MAX and activate it, there is a fall-out in the sound. :face_with_monocle:

Dont know if its only me…or if it is meant to be this way

Could someone tell what is extra special about FX quantize? Must be my natural timing as I don’t miss much.

Edit: ah more locked to grid and bars.

That would be expected. Delay requires an audio buffer to build the delay audio. You’ll notice the audio time is different at each time division.

It’s best to enable first and use the Wet/Dry to bring the FX in and out as desired.

1 Like

Thanks for quick response and answer. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just tried to sync a Roland MC-101 to the midi out of the x1800. I set everything up correctly and it gets a tempo but it is not accurate. If I let the mc-101 run alongside a track it will drift. Am I missing something?

Stuck

You may have interrupted the update process. Power off, then power on while holding BACK, FX CUE, TAP and send the update again. Be sure your computer is not going into power save mode during the update. Also best to leave the updater app in focus while the update sends.

Same thing again and didn’t touch computer. Mixer stops responding at about 76% of firmware transfer but green bar continued to progress. If I hit Next on screen it says something to the effect of “The mixer stopped responding, unplug… yadda yadda…”

Strange! Will the mixer take the 1.2 update?

https://www.denondj.com/downloads-archives#x1800prime/

I’ve done it before. I remember an early firmware required two manual steps. Let me try 1.2 again. Pretty sure 1.2 was without an issue on both mixers.

That was if one step did not complete.

My update session needed a reconnect of the USB when the mixer was in “data receiving” mode. However, that was because “next” did not respond.

Sorry but the attachment and links is disabled for my user… How do I share ??

That’s normal. Echo at max only listens to itself. Echo has to have some input from the sound, courtesy of the wet/dry setting being less than 100 so the fx can “pull some sound in” to work on

Wow, same thing just happened with 1.2 at the 75% point on the green meter. I don’t get this. I updated both these mixers using the 1.2 exe before. They’ve been at 1.2 since.

Upload it via a share medium, like WeTransfer. Link here by editing your post.

If that doesn’t work, it is indeed your user level at the moment. Sorry.

I just didnt remember the delay (not Echo… Echo doesnt fall out) making that fall out in previous version.

Well that’s two people disappointed on x1800 firmware release day. If the update had been quicker since the last x1800 update, and quantize wasn’t such an anticipated buzzword about what prime as an eco-system was lacking, and if the promise that firmware features would be level across all the prime hardware, with no prime hardware being left behind, and any differences between the 1850 and 1800 weren’t being brushed away as minor, then maybe the disappointment, on both sides, would have been significantly less.

It’s not like we’re hoping the mcx8000 is going to suddenly grow a new processor and more ram after all these years, and suddenly be a real prime. We simply believed Denon when they said the x1800 would stay feature-level with the x1850 except for illumination around the rotary controls.

This throws shadows of concern for me now over denons promises of the sc5000 keeping up with the updates and features of the sc6000.

1 Like

I not authorized for sharing link via weTransfer or DropBox :frowning:

There is another bug with ECHOHOLD; when disable the effect with the push BPM FX button (status led change from green to blank) and turn WET/DRY there is a little echo. I haved the video but sorry the share is disabled for me!

Hello, just a question. Will the x1800 have an update for the FX Quantize? because I bought it not even 6 months ago because it was said that it was going to be like the x1850 …

You do realize that the FX time for delay, echo, and other time based FX is quantized (has been for a long time). The SC5000/6000’s send the BPM information directly to the mixers FX section via the network so, the FX time that you hear is in time with the deck tempo.

The Quantize feature on the X1850 is for quantizing the activation of the effect.

3 Likes