X1800 Filter question

Slightly off topic—the MP2015 is so buttery smooth. :drooling_face:

1 Like

Resonance switched for the Pan would have been a great move had it gone into production.

I wonder if a ‘shift + twist’ for resonance with soft takeover for Pan would work?

Maybe not as I’m thinking out loud here but would be interesting if a switch could be made in setup. Some aren’t bothered about recapping controls (OSA remap in Serato does this anyway).

A xone 92 has been the one constant in my set up for the past 10 years. After the price drop i thought about throwing an X1800 in to my home set up to have a mess about with but now i have started shopping around for a mixer the MP2015 just keeps jumping out at me. At 2.5 times the price of an X1800 it just seems too hard to justify. In real world situations how useful do you find the isolators?

They both have isolators, the MP2015 just has a main one. I’m not a big user of it, but I never owned an outboard 19" iso so that feature is not part of my demographic, I guess you’d say. The closest I’ve ever gotten to that is a real crossover or rack of amps being within reach.

To be honest, I hope the firmware on the MP2015 is changed to give us the option of normal channel EQs or an channel iso bypass when centered like the X1800 has. Having both main and channel isos on the Rane doesn’t to me add a lot of benefit, with the main one just having the sweepable bands being its unique aspect.

The Rane also has some current other quirks on the firmware, the biggest one being the unity on the gain trims apparently getting moved in one of the last few firmwares on it from 12 o’clock (stated in the manual) to 10 o’clock to appease DJs using badly-wired stick headphones with low sensitivity or bad hearing. Not even really a good method of giving them what they want, rather it just fouled up the gain staging since now on the Rane you have to run your gain/trims at like 9 o’clock, where it’s very touchy.

Because of the Rane’s quirks and price, I’d recommend first you get an X1800, which will also let you experience the integration of it with the players. If you want better sound than the Xone or the X1800 later, the Prime SPDIF (I presume sample rate conversion) & base audio processing is improved, and the Rane firmware gets a few changes, then you can return to the subject of the mighty MP2015.

1 Like

Thanks for the comprehensive response. I’ll buy the X1800 this week. Would need to have had a lot more time on the MP2015 before committing to paying the best part of 3K for it.

Check with the Rane forum when you start looking into it again for indications InMusic is managing that forum and listening to users on it. Right now it’s getting inundated with spam and firmware updates seem to have stopped.

I also went for the X1800. A no-brainer as I also needed digital in-out, option for DVS, option for usb in-out and the Engine link function. In conjunction with the SC’s of course.

I was opting earlier for the Model1 btw. Found it to suit me better than the MP2015. Don’t like rotary mixers. I prefer studio style faders.

Talking about pods, does anyone know the angle of the pods to buy some replacement caps like Chromo? Never enjoyed black on black colour schemes on a mixer. Changed out the majority of the DB4 pod caps for replacements with a bit of colour.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.