X1800 cable routing for one deck play

Just got 1800 and have one sc5000 and only one side works on fader one . plugged usb one into powered usb splitter on 1800 and 5000 usb into splitter also. Got HID to work but computer gets frozen ie lag. And i cant get the layer to work ie mix 2 channels like i did before i got the x1800. Help

If you can, plug the X1800 directly to the laptop. It’s recommended when using Serato or any other dj software

The decks can be plugged into a hub

1 Like

I have a powered hub that has worked for 3 years i only have one port on my laptop. DONT TELL ME TO BUTY A LAPTOP ! thanks any other solutions . btw i cant even hear sound out of the mains to my allen and heath zed 10 unless i put it in the booth !

What laptop are you using? Specs of the machine?

I dont mind giving those to you butcoupd we start with routing because i cant even get sound out of the MAINS! But the players are playing on all 4 virtual decks now .

X1800 to one SC5000

1. Are you using Line or Digital RCA?

2. What position is your channel indicator on the channels you are using

3. Check your channel trims/gain

4. Check your cables rca/digital rca cables

5. Plug something into the mixer eg a phone to the line and check if there is sound

6. Check the XLR/RCA going to your PA/Speakers.

Perhaps you may share a photo of the back of the players, the mixer (rear and top)

I’m guessing the audio routing is Serato based.

How are the audio outputs configured per deck in Serato?

Fader1 is audio ch1+2 etc.

Yes ok i can mix on both sides thank you. Now my serato is frozen looks like i need a laptop with 2 usb ports minimally. Ill put serato on a different laptop and connect the x1800nto the laptop direct and a hub for the sc5000 and my mpuse and hard drive

What laptop has just one USB port? 13 inch MacBook Pro?

One of my ports is broken and im left with just one. Im not sure thats the main issue ive yet to plug in the fixed side issue system into the laptop yet direct from the x1800 ill do that now and see. Btw found out i was running an old version of serato and needed to update my version so i did that last night. Only the new serato version supports the 5000 and 1800. Now the final issue … My computer screen serato window completly freezes when the prime 1800 and 5000 are playing . I have sound i have all channels working faders working all is perfect now except the program window. Super frustrating . it kinda is lag too because it will unfreeze every 2 min or so then when i click on something it freezes again

No Prime4 and SC5000M were added in the latest version. X1800 and SC5000 were already supported for a long time.

Uodated to the newst sc5000 firmware NOW NOTHING WORKS AT ALL. I switched to engine prime for the software but the deck wont recognize the pc software ie engine prime. All i get when i switch the usb to what used to be hid mode it now says searching for computer and cannot find it. I uodated using usb to pc should i update with a usb stick ? Is that a better thing i think it was a bad update

Ehm Engine Prime is only a collection management tool. It’s not like Serato.

So am i to assume (cuz i cant find it) that there is no function like autoplay in engine prime? Like there is in serato and virtual dj etc??? Oh btw there much more questions than engine isnt like serato… But hey i love retyping stuff soo… Again whats the correct connections with a laptop with serato per say and one sc5000 and the x1800. Port by port please thanks

I cannot help you with that, because I use the hardware stand-alone and not as a glorified controller.

Furthermore, I sometimes don’t understand what you’re saying or trying to accomplish, because English is not my native tongue.

@mufasa?

@djkermie

Serato recommends that the mixer is connected directly to the laptops USB port.

You can use USB 1 on the X1800

Then connect the SC5000 to another USB port on the laptop as well…simples

If you own two SC5000 you can daisy chain them - go from the USB B of one player to the USB A of the second player. From that one go from the USB B to the laptop.

If you don’t have enough ports on your laptop eg MacBook Air or 13 (you can use a hub for the players but the mixer should always be a direct connection)

I think if we are looking at it critically they players are controllers. They have full blown computers in them and wifi, streaming etc. Lol.

Standalone is tape player, turntables and CD players :crazy_face:

1 Like