Worlds biggest SD Card 512GB

pondering this at the moment

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Integral-Premium-Speed-microSDXC-Memory/dp/B07K3DVKLS/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_bs_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=P9J0XMMTMCF7JGEZBAHK&th=1

Nope itā€™s not. And I would buy a renowned brand.

https://www.sandisk.com/home/memory-cards/microsd-cards/extremepro-microsd

it is, the cards you listed are ā€œcoming soonā€ - integral is a renowed brand you just dont know it.

Fair enough.

Integral state that they have a sales office in my small country, but are clearly doing a bad job being renowned. SanDisk is renowned worldwide.

just looking for somewhere to keep my mostly unused collection and can just sit in the player.

when you do a search does it search all usb drives and media or just the source you selected?

I know Sandisk are about to launch (if they havenā€™t already) their 1TB Micro SD card. Itā€™s pricey.

Integral. Iā€™ve heard of them here in the UK. They are usually associated with USB sticks and seem okay.

Iā€™ll usually go with Sandisk just for the sake if it. You can never tell which brand will hold-up though. My flatmate had a Sandisk in his phone that failed and it took everything with it. Apparently there was a dodgy batch that slipped though. He had a back up of sorts but stillā€¦ even the big brands have failures. Itā€™s really down to checking reviews and trusting companies with their technology.

1 Like

Just the ā€˜activeā€™ source. So youā€™ll have to switch to/ select the ā€˜backupā€™ drive to search that.

1 Like

in that case i will get through with various media that i have lieing around and wait on a reasonably priced 1tb solution, thanks for that.

I do it myself sometimes. I have my main (normal usb 3.0) 1tb drive with something like 70.000 tracks. And for those specific nights I add extra to another pendrive, and switch back and forth with no problem.

Load a track from one source to Layer A, switch to Layer B and select another source, load and switch back to the main source again.

It works.

1 Like

this is where i came across this particular card

a bit of further digging tells me that they are legit

Ya can purchase 512GB Sandisk Micro SDā€™s from B&H Photo.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1466567-REG/sandisk_sdsqxa1_512g_an6ma_extreme_microsd_512gb_card.html

The 1TB will be available by end of summer. I have one of the 512ā€™s. Great in a camera, but was siginificantly slower than using an SSD on the SC5000ā€™s.

to conclude, i have purchased this card and plan to transfer from traktor soon and get out on the road with my new toys.

I can only see this being helpful when space is tight, really really tight. Where space isnā€™t super tight, ordinary usb pen drives would be ok really. No DJ booth would ever be so tight that a usb pen drive wonā€™t fitā€¦ I hope

do you think denon had a card reader fitted to the players as a space saving measure?

From the outside, it looks like thereā€™s space enough for a second full sized USB port on the front next to the existing USB port. But thereā€™s no easy way of knowing whatā€™s behind the front panel in terms of space.

I think denon probably put a bad card reader on it so that it gives everyone choice of input usb or sd

a bad card reader?

Autocorrect changed SD card reader to ā€œBadā€

Im not sure of Denonā€™s particular reasoning. However, here is my use.

I have a 256GB SD Card in each of my two players. When connected in controller mode, you can access these sd card just like external drives connected to the computer. I sync my Denon Library with the drives (DNB in one and Hardcore on the other).

I leave them in there always. So, no matter where I am with the players, there is always a collection to fall back on. I can also just go in the studio, turn on, and jam without thinking. Its what I missed about playing inyl that I didnā€™t realize is what I missed about playing vinyl. Just being able to turn on and play.

1 Like

theres more uses than that, like backup collections, something always plugged in and emergencys, maybe hold all the garbage you never play etc etc