Workflow on mediaplayers

hey guys,

i’ve pre-ordered the denons 6000 with the X1850 …

actually i’m using a DDJ SX2 controller from pioneer with rekordbox. it’s a very simple & easy way / workflow with these 2 things to create a good and harmonic mix because i can check / mix the tracks together directly in rekordbox with the controller. engine prime is only a management software …

what is your favourite or actually best workflow for you on the sc5000 to reach an good or perfect harmonic mix ?

Exactly the same as it was on the cdj’s. Just added more hot cues and loops as finally I can do it with the sc5000’s - direct access and way better arrangement of the buttons makes playing with hot cues way more fun and intuitive

Are you referring to the traffic light system in rekordbox dj that shows compatible tracks?

Green = compatible key

OP uses SX2 in controller mode

Sort by key?

???

What? My workflow didn’t change much since I switched to Denon Dj. Just added more complexity and creativity - more fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought harmonic mixing has to do with mixing in key or something. I don’t much, except when making a tape.

I haven’t settled on a workflow yet lol.

I see the question is about workflow in general, so that I answered.

i need another coffee lol.

1 Like

I still use serato A LOT more than I would like. And the reason is the lack of VU meter LEDs leading to random spikes in volume, only very rarely but it seems to be an issue with bass-ier tracks like heavy techno. Regarding your workflow, be ready to make changes and probably get annoyed in the first week or two. But after the first hump you will realise that Denon equipment is much better build quality than pioneer, just need the software to catch up and itll be an all round better option

I’d say for a longer time.

@mrsmithdeejay Forget everything you know and take for granted with Serato or any other software.

Engine Prime and Engine OS are different beast altogether and I still can’t tame it.

So it’s better to use the denons as standalone (without software)? I’ve started years ago with serato and switched to rekordbox (better sound for me)… I realy hate serato…

You will have to learn Engine Prime to understand it’s limits and otherwise. Serato and Rekordbox have been around longer whilst Engine Prime is around 3 years old.

Use the right tool for the right job.

You know what your gig requirements are and you are the only one that can answer that question in terms of should you use standalone or serato or tidal with your prime gear.

That’s the beauty of the Prime gear, flexibility.

I have a couple of residencies with different requirements

Venue 1 - Prime Gear stand-alone

Venue 2 - Serato

Out of town gig - Serato + Rider gear or I bring my SR2 (meets carry on requirement)

Making a mixtape for Mixcloud or something - Serato (I can record in it, use samples, reggae air horns :crazy_face: etc)

I still haven’t found a situation to use Tidal yet, but hey who knows it’s there if I need to.

For this I found a solution that works good for me. downloaded for android in app store a tool called Samply… Then I’ve bought a USB to rca cable (for my phone) and put this into ch 3… So I don’t need serato for putting samples in to my mixes

1 Like

You know what your gig requirements are and you are the only one that can answer that question in terms of should you use standalone or serato or tidal with your prime gear.

That’s the beauty of the Prime gear, flexibility.

This!

It is all about personal preference and the Prime does give you that flexibility which other equipment doesn’t.

I rarely use the WiFi function, but no doubt at some point ill probably use the hell out of it, just waiting for the right update like Beatport link etc.

1 Like