White Colour LED on SC5000

I have noticed white LED Jog Wheel’s and performance pads on the 5000’s… Can someone enlighten me please? lol How do i change the colour on mine? Im hoping its not the mixer’s doing…

The jog ring is lit up in white as a feedback when it’s touched. Therefore you can’t select it as a standard ring color.

Hi, yes i am aware that. But i have seen photographs that suggest the opposite. Just wanting to understand. Perhaps its the photo… But just today i have seen photo’s of Tiesto’s rig as a example of this.

The platter rings also change colour when the deck/layer is on-air eg: when a fader on the x1800 Prime is lifted.

1 Like

would be nice to deactivate this function. I would prefer to see my chosen Deck-Colour overtime, even when it is “off air”.

I really love the on/off-air colour feedback. You do know that your layer button is constantly lit up with the pre-assigned layer colour, right?

Maybe but i do not like it. For My Workflow it would be better permanently coloured.

1 Like

I am new to the SC5000M, could you explain in more detail why my jogwheel color is white when ive set it up with a different color?

Try to bring the fader up :slightly_smiling_face: If its in “ON AIR” mode, its White when faders are down, but as soon as you bring them up, the jogwheel changes color

1 Like

T. Hanks for your reply!

Did it work?

Yeah i see what you mean that the colour goes white whenever the fader is brought to a minimum. However i have noticed another thing, when i turn the fader all the way down while playing a track, the track goes back to the start of the track, if i then bring it back up the track starts playing from the start.

Is this some kind of setting that i accidentally turned on or is turned on by default? On pioneer the track keeps playing so you are able to keep playing and switching between tracks.

Can i change this somewhere?

Thats because of Fader-start is activated :slight_smile: You will have to disable that - then the track will continue playing, but you will have to press Play to get it to play, and not just turn up the faders.

Hope it makes sence :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ah okey i got it now, nice that it could be disabled!

1 Like

Just remember that tracks will NOT start when you turn up the fader now :slightly_smiling_face:

I only use Fader-start when I do radioshows, because then I can time it with my speak without pressing play- not on gigs.

Yeah, just how i like it. :slight_smile:

Even if i want to use newer setups with lots of functionality i still like to do some things manually, such as pressing the que or play button. :stuck_out_tongue: One more feature i am missing is that the top (white) beatmatching bar doesn’t move unless you turn on sync, i would still want to see the top (white) beatmatching bar to move when playing two tracks, so i can have some visual feedback when trying to sync myself using the que button.

But yeah, i guess the players functionality will be improved over time as long as Denon listens to the community.

Since one the SC5000’s i bought just didn’t start up when i got it along with reading about all the issues that other people have had with the players i am quite worried. I’m still not sure if i should return them and go for a pioneer setup instead or take the plunge with the Denon setup and hope for the best.

But thanks for explaining how to solve the crossfader and channelfader problem!

I´m glad to help :slight_smile:

Well regarding the Pioneer vs Denon, I´m all in for Denon - so stick around m8.

Most of the times I feel they listen - especially Jason (JWILL) is a guy I respect 100% - I dont always agree with him, and he doesnt always agree with me (which he shouldnt) but he can take it, when I share my points of view, and we´ve had some good discussions during the last couple of years. And Nekoro is really good as well.

I´m just the kind of type that speak my mind and dont just kiss a## :smiley: :smiley: Which can be seen in some (many) of my posts :smile:

I have the SC5000´s myself, and I feel really strong about these units - sometimes updates unforgenetly takes ages, and there are som really basic stuff that the units still haven´t improved with after all this time. (Cross my fingers that it will happen)

But for now, I would not change them for anything else…(for now)

I dont use the beatmatching bar, so thats not a issue for me. But I actually think there is a feature request for it, the way you want it - if not, then make a feature request. :+1:

Hope you got it fixed with the one that didnt start up.

Have a great weekend.

1 Like

Hello @Sven, I hope everyone’s support helped you arrive to a solution. If that’s the case, please click that ‘Solution’ button so this thread be closed and archived. If not, let’s continue to support further.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.