Where can I purchase IEC socket that is on the Denon SC6000 in the UK?

Hi I am looking to buy a couple of the locking IEC sockets that are on the prime series players. I am a mobile, working DJ and just upgraded my kit to the SC6000 and X1850, along with a swan coffin case…

The swan coffin case has a 2u plate at the rear with CNC machined holes for an IEC Power connector and XLR Audio outs.

It seems a shame to install a cheap, non-locking IEC at the rear of the case just because I can’t find a “V lock” style, locking IEC here in the UK when all the gear itself has better quality locking IEC sockets.

The image below shows the case I have purchased (Displayed is the SC5000’s) you can see the CNC’d holes for the IEC and XLR audio outs

Did you get locking cables then? I bought my 6000m here in UK from getinthemix in January and didn’t get the locking cables for either player or mixer. Boxes were sealed and not tampered with. I was informed that the UK IEC plug batch didn’t have those.

I can confirm my SC6000M and X1850 all came with locking IEC cables.

I need to buy some spares at some point soon as well.

Then I’ll be contacting Denon for my cables.

Seems odd but it was at a hight of lockdown so…:face_with_monocle::flushed::skull_and_crossbones:

The units haven’t arrived yet, due on the 15th (2 weeks from now)

Here you go https://uk.farnell.com/volex/in-vac14ks-001/connector-power-entry-plug-10/dp/1431590

I found that website

1.5m cable

2.0m cable

Just look for V-Lock cable

If yours didn’t come with it I would question if the stock is UK stock.

I ordered a Prime 4 from Gear4Music and they flew it from Germany and included an adapter. It’s a possibility they just swapped some locking euro IEC leads out for a non-locking UK IEC.

That’s Just the ticket!

Thanks

Alternatively, ignore IEC altogether for the case and just go for powercon.

If you have to leave your gear set up anywhere, like setting up early for an evening party, you can unplug a powercon connector (and take it away with you) and be sure that no-ones going to be able to plug a kettle lead in and start playing …. No-ones going to have a spare powercon lead lol

1 Like

No problem, You can also get creative and make your own out of a standard socket if you have a dremel, Just need to cut a small slot in the side of the socket that has the latch.

I did consider using powercon sockets on the case, to be fair they are the better connection for the job. They are secure, and as you say less likely to be tampered with. If the case didn’t already come with milled IEC holes That’s probably what I would have gone for.

The day you forget your powercon cable at home :fire:

That’s my own anxiety when it comes to cables

1 Like

Keep one in the trunk with spare tire in the car - it helps - been there, done that :wink:

The Sc6000’s just arrived. Waiting until the 15th for the mixer to arrive.

Both SC6000’S did come with locking IEC cables

1 Like