When support for pendrives prepared/exported by Rekordbox, like 5000 does?

Come on, guys. Let’s keep it friendly. There is only one way for this to end, ugly.

As some of you know I was moderator for the Digital DJ Tips forums for a couple of years. It (rightfully in my mind) earned a reputation as a friendly place. On the one hand because the house rules were monitored and adhered to (with or without moderator help), but mostly because everyone came to understand that is was ok to agree to disagree. And … that if you had an opinion (everyone does, right?) about something, you should voice it as an opinion, i.e. “imho, I personally think/believe, as far as I know”, not as a fact " it IS like this". That way there isn’t much use in starting a you’re right/you’re wrong discussion. You can either agree with someone or not, you can state why you don’t agree, again as an opinion (yours) and that is it.

There is nothing wrong with discussing two or more sides of an issue, but it can become an issue if things are stated as facts (even if YOU know that the statement is 100% acurate) and the discussion becomes heated and even hostile.

As for the original suggestion, I have been a fierce advocate of “DJ’s ought to own their own work”, meaning I have been really upset for years that if you had all the hard work done in DJ software A, like cues, loops and such, moving to DJ software B would be a total pain to the point of having to do everything over.

Luckily that has changed a lot over the last few years. In no small measure thanks to third-party software like RekordBuddy, the tools from And The Groove Remains and even companies like Denon offering “plug and play” functionality for the sticks prepared in other DJ software.

We are not there yet, I think, but definitely feels like we are moving in the right direction. One of the biggest hurdles, imho, will be moving/converting waveforms as those have always been the most proprietary part of DJ software. It will be interesting to see where this road will lead us. I own an MCX8000 and understand the wish for this kind of exchangeability, but I won’t be holding my breath for it :-D. But you never know, Denon might surprise us some day.

1 Like