What's your favourite feature of the SC5000 Prime?

We love it, and can’t wait to have the display stock in to play with more . Dual layer is cool and power save function is cool. you never know when your mate will unplug the wrong plug.

3 Likes

Well the features seem to be great, but the look of it is amazing. Just seems so futuristic, but I’ve seen some old school guys that don’t like it and prefer stuff like puoneer cdj. Seems so bland and old school to me.

Laidback luke posted that video with it on Facebook and the constant hate for the look of it was out of this world.

Does the unit also build a search library onboard, so you will be able to use the search function without the need of a PC?

HI Addie, you can browse your music library on your connected USB device onboard, by Song, Artist etc using the touch screen with on screen QWERTY keyboard and the ‘Select/Load’ encoder. No need for a PC. But you can use Engine Prime software to pre annalise your music files before hand if you wish.

Have a look at videos on Youtube and the features video on the Denon website :smiley:

And of course, not forgetting that the SC5000 Prime can also analyse the music files for beat grid creation on the player itself … unlike other brands, you don’t need to run every track through a home PC application first

Hey Addie, if you analyze your library using Engine Prime on your PC or Mac, those tracks will be searchable once you connect your USB drive/SD card to the player. If you have unanalyzed tracks on your drive/card, they will be searchable once the SC5000 analyzes them.

All is good with Prime :sunglasses:

not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere but the NXS2’s beat jump was improved recently and has many more beat jump values.

I saw that too. Looks like they got up to 16 now… I’m curious if they would have done this had the SC5000 not been announced with up to 64

1 Like

Worth mentioning: that pioneer update, unfortunately, introduced a TON of bugs—some of which cripple the search function. :frowning:️ I hesiatated to update and am glad I did so. Those who did not wait are airing their grievances on that forum.

2 Likes

I heard about that, how Pioneer tried to add just one “Prime” feature eg: selectable Beat Jump and “blew” in a load of bugs, but I wasn’t sure whether it was an April Fools joke, or not.

The biggest joke is that, while the update did (attempt) to introduce some additional Beat Jump increments, some values were only available for users who had the SP controller with their NXS2. :thinking: Such is a consequence of attempting to implement features within an extremely limited/dated CPU/OS architecture. insert sad trombone :sunglasses:

I’ve thought about it for a long time, but my top of the list favorite feature is the play button :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like