What would happen if you tried to load

What would happen if you tried to load a video file on a prime go? I have a gig coming up and my co-worker DJ only does video. Can the Prime go load an mp4 video file and just play the audio?

No, only audio files.

are you 100% certain? If so, I have to convert them so we can do the gig. I am not dragging a laptop and another controller

Prime go has no codecs for video files so can’t pull audio out of them. Anyway that would be a big wast of its enough limited computing resources.

Hey @WirelessDJ - You can upload an MP4 file into Engine Prime and it will only play the audio file, not the video. You should be good to go!

If you need more info you can read about it here: Engine Prime

2 Likes

But with the right codec. Not all mp4’s are coded equally.

1 Like

Prime on the computer. If engine prime will play it, will the Prime go play the audio?

It would be pretty cool if EP was smart enough to realise it’s a video file, and on exporting to ask what audio format to convert it to…

1 Like

Yes

I play MP4 music videos all the time on the prime hardware.

It plays the audio without any issues.

I’m talking music videos downloaded from video dj pools eg Xtendamix and SmashVision

ok. then I need to try this before the gig

Round about the time you upgrade your MCX8000, I guess? :grimacing:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.