What PA do you use?

Just wondering, for those people who play live, what PA they’re going into.

I do weddings & corporate so lug my PA with me most of the time. It’s a Behringer Ultradrive LMS into 2 Matrix amps driving Ohm BR-12 tops and either BRS-12 or TRS-118 bins, depending on the size of the gig

Yeah compact is not really something I can relate to! I can fit all mine in the car, but I have no travel left on the suspension and the car’s ability to change speed is dampened somewhat!

I’ve got a pair each of the following

• EV EKX 12P
  • EV EKX 15SP

Scale according to event or pub.

One man load job too with a dolly.

2 Likes

Mine’s a one man load too, but I feel significantly less manly lying in a puddle of sweat with aching arms and back after moving mine!

Any particular reason you prefer the passive set up?

Yep - setting gain structure. I run input to mixer, channel faders and mixer output all at 0db and then turn my amps up or down as the night progresses.

Also, if a channel on my amp goes down, I know how to bodge it to get me going quickly again with all speakers playing. Powered speakers would take more work. Finally, amps get hot so I don’t think the best place to put them is inside a speaker enclosure! I have played with powered ones, but I just prefer the extra control of separate amps.

1 Like

i have an “older” system with 2 pcs of Tops from Mackie SRM 450 V2 / 12", 2 pcs of Mackie SWA 18" 800W RMS Subs, and for some night drives at home 2 pcs of Adam A7X.

regards,

I’m running either Yorkville NX-55’s or Yorkville PS12’s. Can put a pair of Yorkville LS-720’s underneath them if needs be. Yorkville from the beginning Yorkville till I die!

2 Likes

I have a pair of nx600 & mp1610 mixer. Yorkville was the only choice for me for over 20 years. The presonus air 10’s were the only other brand.

1 Like

We’re both Canadian so it makes sense!

1 Like

I sold my Bose F1. Bought Electrovoice Evolve 50.

• better sound
  • Ultra fast setup
  • Easy to transport
  • Remote Control via iPhone
  • Bluetooth
  • Cost less

I’m using a pair of JBL SRX835’s and a QSC K12.2 as a monitor… super clear and super loud!

SRX are real heavy though

Denon PMA 100M.

Old, but amazing sound quality and SO freaking powerful. 4Ohm capable too, so you can Bi-Wire channels.

Er, that’s a hifi amp, not a PA system :smile:

Now this on the other hand…

Not my pic or exactly my rig, but you get the idea. I have two bandpass and two reflex subs.

Multiple systems. But all jbl 8x eon612 4x eon618 4x prx712 4x stx818 2x stx828 8x vrx932 Amps are all crown and lab gruppen. Most of above a little dusty now