What is the function of "TAP" button?

Is there any video explaineng “TAP” button functionality?

As long as the DJ software that you’re using the MC4000 supports it, then the TAP button allows you to use it as a way of setting the Beats Per Minute (BPM) of a track, by you striking the TAP button in time to the beat.

Usually, 4 or 5 taps of the button (over 4 or 5 beats of the music) is enough for the DJ software to get quite a precise Beats Per Minute (BPM). Often a fairly inaccurate BPM figure is displayed almost instantly, but that figure is refined and averaged really well on each tap of the Tap button.

I am pretty sure that in Serato DJ on the MC4000 that the tap button is designated to locking the the effects on to the song that you are playing. If the effect sounds off then tap 3-5 times to get it synced up and drop the effect on the 1 to see if that improves the sound. Question, how can I start a new topic in here?

Once you’re in the category which you want to create a new topic about e.g.: The MC4000 category, you’ll see a button near the top right corner of the screen marked [ + New Topic ].

Click on that [ + New Topic ] button.

Be sure to give the topic a meaningful title which includes what you’re talking about - not just “Look at this” or “help!” or “Whats this do?” or “Idea” etc. For a member looking down the list of topics, just seeing bland, generic titles on topics will mean they’ve got to open each topic to see what it’s about.

Enjoy !

Thank you for the response. There is not an area on my page that has this. I am new to the forum and it seems like I may have read/ comment status only. Is there a certain amount of time I have to go through before I am allowed to start a topic?