Well i have finally left the pioneer decks

and this one i have 2 problems

I don’t understand any need for two decimal BPm. After all, if your mixing with auto sync then the displayed numbers don’t matter at all, (in proveroliry nothing reallycmatters when you’re in auto sync)

And if your not using auto sync , you’re using your ears - which don’t need two decimal places either

IMO it’s just an easy “cheat”. Don’t use sync, but set the BPM of the track to exactly the same as the other one. Saves time checking that it will mix.

If you’re playing tracks with fixed BPM and your grids are good, then it should work.

Well have to say I have been really impressed by the SC5000, I have even started to try an use engine! looks like I am becoming a convert. No issues a few days in. I have beeen really impressed by the player and how much more it can do than the nexus players I still have. One quick question I have a DJM 900 Nexus mixer other than the hub is there any benefit to getting an 1850 and does the rmx1000 work ok with it . Oh thats 2 questions

although I agree with you and this is not a huge deal for me in my mixing style, I understand where some might be affected.

I think it an extra layer of precision for those mixing styles where transitions are much longer. It might help if we knew what is happening in the background with the other decimal place. is the OS rounding or is it just sitting there not displayed. etc. either way, it would guide the user when they are moving the tempo slider in the smallest bit.

overall, I don’t think this is a game changer and not a big deal but would love to know the logic behind removing it in the first place.

2 Likes

For me it would help to implement external sampler, synth, lfo or other things that use BPM like visuals, light controllers, other stage related stuff…

1 Like

make sure you try it out somewhere first. the sound is a fair bit different.

as to benefits, that depends on your priorities. for example to me the adjustable crossover frequencies are priceless. but somebody else might not care about that at all.

in respect to different, obviously we may hear things differently. is it harsher or more warm this is a bit subjective Mark

and that’s exactly why it’s a good idea to try it out in advance.

Yes the mixer has a send and return so the RMX1000 will work.

When you say any benefit other than the hub…Well, to answer this we would need to compare features which I assume you already know. For me the separate filter knobs on each channel and color effects if you may, was a welcoming feature and I don’t hate the mixer and works very well with the decks as it should but will say this, when you start mixing on a DJM 900 you kind of fall in love with the mixer but that never happened to me with the X1800. Perhaps because all the love I had went to the decks lol. Having said that, having the mixer work with the decks, having data feedback, the cue colors from the deck on the mixer is good enough not to regret my choice. I am happy with my x1800, miss my 900 but won’t go back to it as long as I own Denon decks.

hope that explains it a bit.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response. Yes I am not sure I can be parted from my nexus. It’s quite rare as it’s a rotary one. I may get one just to see how it is.

1 Like