Waveform issues - just started recently

waveform problem.mp4 (5.9 MB) Is anyone else having problems with waveforms? What happens is that the waveform is completely out of sync with the audio, it also seems to have an effect on the speed, where i have to pitch the track quite drastically to actually mix the track. This has just started to happen recently, but seems to becoming more & more frequent. This is quite concerning. As you can see from the video, it’s not just a little bit out, the waveform finishes long before the actual song does. Any ideas what could be the issue here? Here’s another link in case that one above isn’t working: waveform problem on Vimeo

Re-analyse fixes the problem.

Thanks for your reply, I eventually discovered that. I’d love to know what causes it though. If re-analyzing fixes it, that proves there’s nothing wrong with the actual file itself. Kinda points to EP doing something wrong when it first analysed it.

I had the same situation in Engine Prime it self. Just run another analysis fixed the problem. This could be some error during writing the waveform or other meta data…

Makes sense to me. Thanks again!

1 Like