Vote for engine prime features for the MCX 8000,

Hello

Since they do not want to give new features to the MCX8000 (how to save the ready list in the usb memory) we can at least ask for features in engine prime that make life easier for the owners of an MCX 8000, and post a suggestion ( Function of exporting to MCX 8000 compatible audio format) please vote for it to be included, joining all the owners of the MCX 8000 we can achieve some interesting things I think

regards

2 Likes

My friend, as an 8000 owner I support your cause but Denon has made up their mind on these units. I doubt anymore Engine mods for 8000 are coming. Iā€™m afraid what we see is what we get. Before long you wonā€™t see 8000 in stores anymore either, itā€™ll be end of run for them. I too would like to see a few more things for the 8000 but it is what it is, it is now a Prime 4 world for Denon.

Why would anyone chose to spend money on a Prime 4 when MCX8000 can perform well doing its job as indented, being a very good Serato controller with the ability to perform well in standalone mode also? Of course there are limitations in standalone mode, but this unit can do its job well enough for what it is, together with its siblings in the MC series. As long as bugs are kept in check, the MCX8000 can be used successfully long term by anyone who canā€™t afford the price or doesnā€™t need the ā€œblingā€ factor of the Prime series. Letā€™s be real here. Not everyone is a top shelf DJ like Paul Oakenfold and others and the MCX8000 still is a very capable piece of equipment at a competitive price. Furthermore, I canā€™t consider the MCX8000 an absolete equipment until its Stagelinq capability is put to work and not even then. If anyone thinks that this is something to be ignored, it isnā€™t, because Denon DJ should deliver what has promised, advertised and charged money for. If not, anyone can ask their money back for the MCX8000 on the grounds of being an unfit and unfinished product. As long as you promise anything, you have to deliver or pay the price.

1 Like

Youā€™ve sort of shot yourself in the foot there and sunk your own ship there, with those two opposing comments. The 8000 is capable rather than unfit. Something canā€™t be both.

Also stagelinq has emerged but the software thatā€™s needed to run it is a bloody awful amount of cash every month - itā€™s a Porsche socket - only stagegoing festival DJs and their related companies would every really be able to justify that monthly amount - and theyā€™re likely to go more for full Prime gear rather than something that can speak a few basic words of Prime.

The MCX8000, as designed, is a very capable piece of equipment, as a whole product. But, given the fact that its full complement of features should include functioning Stagelinq capability, in legal terms, makes the product incomplete, so it is not what has been presented, advertised, promised and paid for at the end of the day. It doesnā€™t matter if someone doesnā€™t use some of its features because they donā€™t want to, but the unit must have all its features operational, in general terms, so it can be used to its full potential, if a customer wants to. The bottom line is the MCX8000 development should continue until its full potential is unleashed.

As long as it is advertised on the official website, Denon DJ though their third party partner companies must deliver the functionality.

As for Engine Prime ability to export a library in MCX8000 compatible format, this feature exists, but only if the audio files to be exported are already in MCX8000 supported format. Of course, the question arises: why AAC instead of FLAC? This is for Denon DJ to reply. Personally, I would prefer FLAC (open-source, no license needed) support instead of AAC (royalty fees must be payed, needs licence). For Engine Prime to be able to perform file format conversions, it would require to loose its freeware status, maybe. On the other hand, we can always buy our music in uncompressed format (.wav - it costs more, it is true) and then we can convert the master files in every format we choose to work with.

This is a duplicate topic of yours isnā€™t it? Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve read your ā€œsince we canā€™t ask for new features on 8000 any moreā€¦ā€ on the forum already ???

Fix the text to avoid confusion to Function of conversion to compatible audio format before export for MCX 8000, I know that it is capable of exporting but what I want is that instead of the message of ā€œno files were exported because they are not compatibleā€ propose your conversion and then export them, of course you must dehar the original intact or the new one is saved in mp3 for example but the flac is left intact, vote for this in the forum engine features please, today I will post another request for engine prime related to the mcx800 that I would also support

not for the mcx 8000 but for the prime mover and nobody said that you could not ask for modifications in a prime mover to improve its functionality with the mcx 8000 regards

@El_Corsario If I created confusion, I apologize, but I assumed that anyone who already use an MCX8000 is aware of the fact that Engine Prime software converts and exports a database in a format compatible with MCX8000 and not the audio files.

1 Like

There is no need to apologize, my English is not very good so maybe the idea is not very clear

regards

The ideea is cristal clear. You propose that Engine Prime to warn the user if it detects audio files not compatible with MCX8000, prior to database export. My opinion is that Denon DJ simply assumed that anyone would check its audio files compatibility with MCX8000 before importing them in Engine Prime library. On the other hand, I donā€™t think Denon DJ put too much thought about what file formats one choose to use in a third party DJ software to prepare a library. If you are lucky enough to have your prepared files in a MCX8000 compatible format, it is all good. If not, tough luck, you have to work again in order to prepare the cues and loops. Still, it will be of much use if Engine Prime would simply hide, lock or grey out all incompatible audio files when MCX8000 compatibility mode is selected.

Buenos dĆ­as me gustarĆ­a que en la nueva actualizaciĆ³n de la Denon Mcx8000 se pueda habilitar el mapeo o funcionamiento de los display o pantallas para otros software de Dj como Tracktor Virtual Dj Djay etc serĆ­a genial

Iā€™d doubt that anything new would be added to the mcx8000 firmware now, except for getting stagelink to speak out from the back. The 8000 had probably the largest firmware update in the history of updates a pair of years ago.

Software integration with traktor and virtual would also take co-operation from the software makers and they wonā€™t like helping with a standalone machine, as standalone, by definition, means ā€œDJ software not neededā€

Denon DJ MCX8000 is first and foremost an advanced software controller with standalone playback capability as a backup, so, DJ software developers would have an interest to offer compatibility with the MCX8000.

Many would see it as the other way around totally.

Midi controllers are 10 a penny, common and lack any individualism. Itā€™s the standalone capability with the backup option of unpacking the laptop if you really really have to, that made the mcx8000 anything interesting, anything other than just yet another boring dull common midi controller.

Mentioning that mcx has midi is a bit like mentioning that superman has dark hair (or that the mcx has midi) Yes itā€™s correct, but the primary consideration is strength, flying, X-ray heat vision. The thing that makes the mcx stand out is that it doesnā€™t need Mums hand me down laptop to play tunes, it can fly without a computer.

It is true that many people look at the MCX8000 as being mainly a standalone playback equipment and itā€™s true that it can fly in this mode without a computer, but without using all the advanced features available in the controller mode. What I was stating above is the functionality Denon DJ itself envisioned for this equipment - advanced controller with standalone playback capabilities. Thatā€™s why Denon DJ secured for the MCX8000 the official Serato equipment status.

However, where you may be confused is that All thoseā€¦

Arenā€™t being provided by the mcx8000, but in fact by the DJ software on the laptop.

Itā€™s like a juggler standing behind you and you tucking your arms behind tour back so that all the audience sees is the jugglers arms and you - youā€™re just standing there, itā€™s the juggler doing all the work. Does that make you a juggler? Of course not.

Does someone pressing a button to activate an ā€advanced featureā€ on an mcx in controller mode activate that feature within the mcx, no, it just sends a signal to the laptop to say ā€œstart doing thatā€¦ā€

As long as the full functionality of an equipment requires a computer driven software, that equipment is considered a controller and, for Denon DJ and for me, at least, the MCX8000 is an advanced software controller, built around the Serato DJ software, with standalone playback capabilities.

When you are in standalone mode, you are compelled to work only with what you already prepared on your removable storage library and you can use only the limited array of features built in the MCX8000. You donā€™t have the versatility of the Serato software available at your fingertips.

Itā€™s ok if anyone looks at the MCX8000 as being primarily a standalone playback equipment, because many people will use it in this mode, but one cannot compare its standalone features and performance with an equipment like the Prime 4, which is a true standalone playback equipment, capable of being used as a controller also.

The main thing that matters is that everyone who use it to be able to smile while using it and make the dancefloor people happy.

I agree. It took a while to get to this point, but the MCX has finally become a standalone player with the ability to seamlessly switch from standalone to controller, or a combination of both. Still the weak point is the Engine Prime Software. Fix EP and you have a total winner.

Regardless, when I make a personal choice from my arsenal of equipment, I tend to use the MCX more than my other options. If left up to me Iā€™d choose the MCX, but some of my customers want to see the ā€˜brand namesā€™ on stage, so thatā€™s when I have to break out the Pioneers and Raneā€™s.

Only for those still lugging their laptop with them to gigs - no need for laptops for playing music any more