VDJ support?

What happened to the VDJ support?

3 Likes

Aye, known about the mapping without the use of the screens, which if memory serves me correctly was sometime in October?

Have you a link to the post from the VDJ devs? Would like to have a read it this while self-isolating

TBH I’m not to arsed at this moment in time of going standalone. I suppose it is moving, albeit at a snails pace.

Confirming this is still planned and currently in development. Progress is being made though. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Aye, I did.

Sounds promising.

New prime user here, is there a way that you can fix the system so that The prime 4 can seamlessly switch from standalone mode to VDJ mode? Or have maybe 2 channels dedicated to standalone mode and the other 2 to VDJ? I’m reading that we would have to stop the music and reset currently to make this happen…

Glad to read it.

Since my purchase in nov 2019, I’ve been struggling with Serato Video to finally hack my way to installing 3rd party filters to make video work… and finally opted to ditch that and go straight to VDJ with the interim mapping.

Already did a full gig so far before the virus crisis hit and it worked flawlessly on 1.4.1

I am waiting patiently for these new goodies on the way. In the meantime, I did pre-load successfully EP 1.3.3 with my audio only directory and have that option should the laptop fail and/or a music only gig shows up.

Love my Prime 4!

This teaser photo from a VDJ developer look so promising :slight_smile:

Now I just hope the developers at Native Instruments will finally wake up and do the same, or this might just be my final reason to switch from Traktor to VDJ.

4 Likes

…unless something goes wrong, we will offer full support in a month or so, for both Prime 4 and SC5000

2 Likes

And is that “we” Denon DJ or “we” Atomix ?

Very very soon! Keep your eyes open!!!

Switch to VDJ, you will not be disappointed!

1 Like

Any news on the VDJ Prime migration?

Might be an idea to release it now while the lockdown is happening then an issues could be ironed out before using it out on the road.

Not if it’s not ready though.

If only corona lockdown could have been scheduled in with about 6 months notice lol lol

From some of the suggestions, it is for Windows users but not for MAC. Being a Windows user, stuff them! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

im waiting for that compatible mapping virtual dj …that what’s makes the better brand top … compatibility …

I did read from somewhere about it, think VDJ FB page but i can’t be 100% sure. Whilst they may support exactly the same hardware and features, im sure in the past Mac was sometimes a little behind Windows updates for VDJ, more on add ons I think. TBH, even if they released the Windows version, i could see sales of the Prime 4 taking off for Denon

Sometimes it not about cheaper options. Ive an MCX8000 but the layout is wrong with it being mirrored. Pioneer, ive played with their controllers but they feel cheap and not well built in comparison, even to their DJM5000 mixer which i have. Yes, im probably a gear junkie and as ive mentioned before, the seamless switching isnt an issue for me because of VDJ and have never used my MCX8000 in standalone. Sadly, probably never will with either the MCX8000 or Prime 4.

1 Like