VDJ database support

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have? I need EP to accept my VDJ database for cues and BPM/key analyze.

• How will this feature help you and others? I will be able to see correct BPMs and have hundreds of thousands of songs with cue points.

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? Yes- Serato and Rekordbox support

• Does a workaround currently exist? From my research the only workaround is with DJCU, but you need mac in order to make this work.

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add? Someone already made a mac to EP conversion, I don’t see why this isn’t an option for windows to EP supported by Denon. This is definitely something that can be done if Denon wants to.

6 Likes

There is a good proportion of wedding and mobile djs who use Virtual DJ 8.

These are all potential Prime 4 owners.

Virtual DJ Database import +1

Added my like to this.

People need a free and professional way of moving their loops and cues and all that across from any previous DJ software.

They shouldn’t have to risk limited software from anywhere else.

The other issue is the 5000’s don’t properly analyze BPM’s. After putting more time on these, I’ve noticed them giving me 110-115 BPM’s for songs that are 90-100. I’ve gotten over that I need to redo cues for 400k+ songs, but wrong BPMs adds increased time between mixing songs.

I use djcu for many things and not just denon stuff. Not sure what you mean by limited. It’s a database migration app and it does what it says on the tin! Migrate database from one program to another. It even has some extras.

Perhaps you mean limited because it’s MacOS only?

I’ve got a few other MacOs only software that I use.