Variable Grid BPM/Grid Realignment

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have? Grid BPM Change/Realignment for transition tracks or tracks with slight drift.

• How will this feature help you and others? For special DJ transition tracks that start at one BPM value and transition/end at a differing value. For example, Track Name Here (BPM 100 - 130). That said, this feature can also be used to “reset” the beat grid at a certain point. For example, if a grid starts to slightly “drift” later in the track and needs to realigned, the user can set the playhead at a transient, enable the “adjust” function and the grid marker from that point forward will adjust accordingly.

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? Yes, Rekordbox.

• Does a workaround currently exist? Not that I’m aware of.

• How often would you use this feature? With the tracks that have said BPM transitions built-in. This will also allow the BPM hardware FX following the grid (as well as performance tool that are best used with quanitze enabled) to respond accurately as well. And as previously mentioned, this can help cure a slightly drifting grid.

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add? Implementing within the GUI should be relatively easy in that a single button function. The user would then enter a new BPM if they wish for the grid to change from the marked point or keep the BPM as-is if they’re simply realigning the grid.

17 Likes

Multiple beatgrid (dynamic, flexible etc) request.

Can @JWiLL kindly combine this thread and the following (similar) threads

and

and

and

with the thread below (has the most likes)

Don’t know if combining the threads will sum all the likes. I agree that all the requests need to filtered again, so thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Just idle earlier on, so pulled a search found half a dozen similar ones. Probably the same cohort voting on all of them.

Yeah “cough” RGB could also be one of those. :innocent:

1 Like

Ha ha. I may have done RGb already

See there is a bunch linked already

Yep but some are still scattered around in the other topics. Prime4 and EP, I think.

Merging is mostly done by JWill btw, but it would be nice that people search before requesting.

I suppose when/if the 5000s get it, the others will as well.

Yeah the search feature is powerful

1 Like