Using the MC3000 with Traktor & Mac, without external speakers

Hi guys,

I’m simply trying to use the MC3000 with Traktor & Mac, without external speakers.

I’d assume that I can do this, as in, connect the headphones to the MC3000 headphone output & have the master sound come out of the computer’s speakers.

I know it’s kind of silly coz you’d usually have external speakers but I don’t have any for the next week or so. So meanwhile, I need to practice somehow.

2 things I tried, without luck:

• In traktor, I went to “audio setup” > “audio device” & I chose “MC3000”; but in this config, the sound only comes out of the headphones.
  • In traktor, I went to “audio setup” > “built-in”; but in this config, the sound only comes out of the laptop’s speakers.

Thanks for your help!

Your software needs to be able to use 2 separate audio interfaces for routing 2 separate outputs from software. Traktor is not able to do it. Either try aggregating interfaces (google is your friend) or wait for speakers.

BTW With Traktor Pro 3 you can use turntables that have line out level signal (or CD players) for DVS control over software with MC3000. Also with VDJ. Not many people know that.