Using SC5000m prime with serato

Could anyone please help, I am trying to get an SC5000m prime working with serato pro.

I have update the firmware on the SC5000m and updated my drivers but it says please connect serato dj hardware.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Ben

SC5000m is not enough to run SeratoDJ. You need a SDJ certified mixer or external audio interface to run Serato. Like the X1800 mixer.

Thankyou thats really helpful.

I have a traktor A6, would I be able to use that somehow as the external audio interface?

no audio 6 and only for traktor you must use a certified serato card

2 Likes

Even X1800 will not unlock serato without license key. With X1800 You get a voucher that gives You some discount on buying serato dj klub kit (serato dj with dvs unlock). You buy it, register, then serato works.

hi guys i have the same exact problem with my sc6000m and x1850 i never had that on my previius setup sc5000m x1800 i have serato dj pro licence as you can see on the screenshot

can you explain me please what i do wrong ? do i have to buy another license because i upgraded from x1800 to x1850 ? is the license linked to my account or to the hardware ?

thanks

hey, no need to buy another licence - you have a full SDJ standalone licence that is linked to your account. your only problem is that, for some reason, Serato does not recognize your hardware.

if you have win as your OS note you need to install a X1850 driver despite having X1800 driver installed before. for the rest of your troubleshooting I would recommend following the official Serato guide on this issue: https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/articles/203189200-Troubleshooting-Connection-Issues-on-Windows or https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/articles/203189300-Troubleshooting-Connection-Issues-on-macOS

2 Likes

ok thanks for the update so im 100% sure now that the mixer is working as it should and no need for extra license i plugged in my rane 12 and it works as it should be the problem comes from the sc6000m i have only that screen when plugged in and i cant press any decks 1 2 3 or 4 its like its stuck on that page
the crates button do work view button and source button are lightning on

i can’t swap and select between decks on the the sc6000m but its working on the rane 12 on the 4 decks selection button

Try this

1. Disconnect the Rane and Denon

2. Restart Serato with only the mixer connected

3. When it’s fully loaded

4. Connect the 6000M

5. Keep an eye on the Serato yellow banner below. It should show information that the 6000M is connected. Midi detected etc.

6. Wait till the banner goes away. Then pick a deck number on the 6000M

2 Likes

thank you for helping I’ll try this when i go home

well it still doesn’t work i tried on my laptop and my desktop same behaviour very annoying andl i see that it has been detected on Serato is there a manipulation to do ? im desperate