Using SC2900 with Engine Music Management Software under Windows 7 32 bit

What version of Engine Music Management Software is needed to prepare analyze and export music files on USB storage devices under Windows 7 32 bit or Windows XP?

Engine 1.5 works only on Windows 8, 8.1 and 10. So there should be a separate version for Windows XP and Windows 7 32 bit, given the fact that the player should work under Windows XP or Windows 7 32 bit according to manufacturer specifications.

I remember there was a software called Denon DJ Music Manager used for some Denon players, but I don’t know if it will work for SC2900.

No, it will not work.

Install Engine 1.5.2, it will work on win7 (had it myself on that OS back in the day), it’s just not officially recommended (no support is given if it doesn’t work).

Did you run Engine 1.5.2 under Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit?

To tell you the truth I don’t remember. If you cannot even install it on 32bit OS then I guess it was 64… In that case you need the last 1.1.x version of Engine.

Have you tried installing 1.5.2 version or are you going by what’s written in the manual?

P.S. Player’s supported OS version refers more to the ASIO driver for the audio interface (when using them as controllers for DJ software) so don’t let that confuse you.

Morning all, please be aware our web team are currently working on creating a comprehensive downloads page for all current and previous firmware and software updates (including previous versions):

https://www.denondj.com/downloads

A lot of the current models are up but we’re working on legacy and past versions as we speak!

Thanks J

I am aware of the ASIO driver. But logically, if you offer a driver to work under Windows 7 32 bit you would be able to offer a software too to work under the same platform, to prepare a database, in order to use the players capabilities to it’s fullest.

The Engine 1.5.2 Build 0009 run any Win7 version! This software only 32 bit, not 64! If freeze, please set compatibility mode running to Vista SP2.